Getting low fps with gtx 275!

yahya94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Hi, i'm new to this forum and didnt know in what category it should go so please bare with me! :)

My built:
Amdx2 6000+ overclocked to 3.2Ghz
Nvidia Gtx 275
3 GB DDR2 memory stick

I forgot my mainboard name, but its nvidia's

I game at 1920x1080 and I can run crysis with a mixture of high and very high settings and no AA with easily 22-26 fps and sometimes even 30 which is what I should be getting according to some sites...there might be a little bottleneck, but there isnt a lot.

I am running nfs shift with everything max with only 20 fps...i'm pretty sure it isnt that heavy game compared to what i am getting for crysis. I am getting 20 fps after i increased my page memory from 4.5 to 10 as before i was getting 10 to 15

The page memory didnt affect any other game though..

What could be possible issue?

thanks in advance :)

yahya94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks for the reply

Yeah thats what I heard, but people are easily rocking 40 to 50 fps with cards like gtx 275 and the same res

I get low fps in batman too like around 25 to 30 with evrything high and high phsyx too....wait is that really low or not?

Please help as I am getting random thoughts of switching to ps3, even though i know pc has always have better graphics and thats what I need, but these low fps are killing me

yahya94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
@ubernoobie: Im not saying you're wrong but can you like prove it if possible? As I totally understand that I dont have a good cpu so that could be the cause

Thanks though :)

yahya94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Yeah thats what I thought, but I recently upgraded to gtx 275 so i dont have enough money. Any other suggestion?
Oh and btw Crysis is more gpu intensive rather than cpu?

yahya94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,688510/Shift-Supposed-system-specs-for-the-new-Need-for-Speed-Update-Official-system-requirements/News/

These are nfs shift recommended specs and i have x2 3 Ghz, so i dont get it..please help mee!

Crysis also got same cpu requirements ..i mean core 2 duo but more ghz, but I can run that easily and smooth

Gta 4 seems a reason as it is poorly optimized and needs a core 2 quad I get only 15 fps no matter what I do

Is it possible that nfs is poorly optimized??

crosko42

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
All of the games you are having trouble with are CPU intensive games.

Everyone has told you that is why you are getting low FPS and to upgrade your CPU yet you keep posting other ideas.

Why post a question and then not accept multiple answers that are the same from different people.

Upgrade your cpu if you want to get better performance.

Your Athlon X2 6000 clocked at 3.2 GHz is actually a decent CPU.

Yes, you are cpu-bottlenecked, but you should be getting way more fps with that rig.

Here are some benchmarks on medium settings with the x2 6000 and equivalents:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3554&p=9

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182806/p-6.html

For Crysis on Very High, I'd say you should be getting mid to upper 30's in terms of fps.

Overclock your CPU some more and benchmark to see if it improves your fps. If it doesn't, then your problem lies elsewhere...

yahya94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Finally you guys understand. And to be sure I asked my friend to try out the demo and tell me the fps hes getting.

His Rig:
Intel C2Duo 3.0 Ghz (dont know the exact model)
Nvidia 9800GT
Ram 3GB
HDD 320 GB

Hes getting 60 fps straight up sometimes it drops to 45 to 50, but hes gaming on 1280x1024, but still I dont think that res matters that much lookig at his card, mine is wayy better and our cpus are same so i should be at least getting 40 fps if not 60 coz of the res!

When i open the game i turn off everything thing on the system tray even then anti virus, but still nothing happens....any suggestions? :)

EDIT: Thanks for the benchmarks..I do see my cpu is slower compared to Intel's , which I knew it, but still why am i getting this much low fps?? :)

Yah, you are getting low fps BECAUSE YOUR PROCESSOR, SUCKS.

We've been trying to tell you this, forever. His might be an E8400, one of the best Core2 processors there is. That explains why, then, hmm?
Athlon 64's are out-of-date. They're great for budget, NOT great for heavy gaming.

And as we've already told you.

There are some games out there that are extremely graphics intensive (SEE: CRYSIS; BIOSHOCK)
There are some games out there that are extremely CPU intensive (SEE: NFS SHIFT;GTAIV)

When I pair an HD5870 (best card out right now) with your processor in nfs shift, I will get maybe 1-2 better frames than what you have now.

If I take an intel core i7 with your card, then I can max it out (get about 80 more frames, or whatever).

TRENDING THREADS