G

hi their im having wireless issues.... my wireless d-link every 30 mins will take a me offline whilst im playing a game for E.G world of warcraft, i play the game and between 30mins to an hour, i get kicked off, i look at my network status and its flickering from 270.0mphs to 1.0mphs and it says unsecure, its really annoying can anyone please give me a clue what i should do with it?

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
First thing first, test stability with a wire so you can know if it's the wireless or the internet.

It could be a simple bug with the router, reset to factory default and resecure it.
If that doesn't help (and it's not a lack of wireless security) you might need to update the bios... find the DLINK site, find their support page, they have people who hate their jobs and will help you with that.

If your wireless is unsecured, people are leaching your internet, can take all your bandwidth, access your shared files, lock you out of the router or even mess it up by screwing with a bad bios update so be sure to have it secured.

Start, Run or the search for vista/7

CMD
Enter

Black window opens

ipconfig (enter)
IP 192.168.0.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY 192.168.0.1 (or something like that)

Open your Internet explorer
put in the default gateway address in the address place... (where you usually see http://www.google.ca)

It will ask for user and pass.... should be something like this
admin no password
no username admin password
admin admin
(Google your dlink router to know exactly if none of the above works)

find the wireless lan options, somewere in security... PUT WPA and pick a passphrase that you can remember... such as samsung1234!$ not to easy not too hard.

Reconnect your PC to your WLAN
Put in the passphrase...

Give more detail on what you know and don't know... what else you have tried... and I maybe able to throw other suggestions at you...

Easy way is... either contact ISP or DLINK support.