Water cooling is it safe ?

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I'm willing to try using water cooling the PC I'm building mostly for challenge it seems to be (and the awsome look it can be). But I'm going for a 4000$+ investment so I don't feel like ruining it.

So would you guys say a newbi could do it pretty safely or chances are that I spill water out of the tube joint and it kill my precious PC ?

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah I've read some of the stiky and still have some time to learn more. I'm waiting for the ivy bridge and the Radeon HD7990 to be released so now I'm trying to figure how I will cool that beast.

nolij

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
This is a yeas and no answer. is driving safe? yes and no. Like motopsychojdn said, do your homework and everything will be fine, i think. lol. I have been liquid cooling only 4 years and i love it. even if you dont overclock, low temps make your components happy. just dont buy any of those kits. your better off getting some nice high end gear. good luck.

deadlee690

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
i'm into water cooling myself but i feel the days of needing to water cool are over. the new intel cpus run so cool on air even when highly overclocked. water cooling is more of a expensive hobby that adds little performance over big air. it can be a lot of fun and it can be safe if you take your time and dont go cheap, stay away from TT big water kits, haha

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Watercooling is more of a hobby than anything- it requires a lot of time, preparation and dedication to make sure everything works how it should. It's not rocket science, but it also isn't something you just slap on, plug in and go either.

It's highly addictive, which is why I've been doing it for over 9 years or so...and I plan on continuing until...well, indefinitely if possible. There has been a very large enthusiast growth over the past 5 years or so which can be seen with the expanse of manufacturers taking part in the market as well as hybrid/entry level components like Corsair H-series getting into the mix with semi-viable 'dummy proof' coolers.

ts like skydiving and swordplay, great fun and perfectly safe

Funny you mention that...I go skydiving about once a summer...an incredible rush... :D

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think I pay about $100-$125 each time I go...it's much less if you are a member and go regularly...as low as $30-$40 each jump. I know at the place I go, they have a strict weight limit of 200lbs so several of my heftier buddies aren't able to jump...but just as well- they are afraid of leaping out of perfectly good, functioning airplanes. :)

It is a fantastic sensation to free-fall like that, though.

I'd be in serious danger of just relaxing and not pulling the rip hehe :p
then it would be R.I.P. hehe
Moto
Sorry for digressing on your thread Op, believe it or not, Rubix and myself are actually two of the most active/useful/helpful Waterguys on here (again, sorry about that :p)