To format every time OC Memory.

trinityh

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I have to format the W7 every time I try to over clock F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH (DDR3-2000 CL9-9-9-27 1.65V).

Motherboard : ASUS Striker ii NSE. ( Updated to lasted bios 0901 )
CPU : Intel core 2 Duo E6850.

I have tried at least seven times but I'm not reaching PC3-16000, just PC3-14400 on automatic [Memory Level Up].

Here's an image from CPU-Z at SPD : http://imageshack.us/f/27/img0890u.jpg/

I set all Spread Spectrum Control to disable, Memory Voltage 1,66V, timing settings to:

tCL - 9
tRCD - 9
tRP - 9
tRAS - 28
Command Per Clock ( CMD ) - 2T
tRC - 47

and others to [Auto].

If at least I could repeat trying different configurations.. but booting up W7, when it crashes loading, it's annoying have to format again.

I Would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
First, like the doctor said, "Does that hurt? If so, then stop doing that!".

Second, I never recommend OCing memory. The small performance gains (if any at all) are far outweighed by the system stability you often lose as a result of the OC.

Let your motherboard manage memory timings and focus your OC efforts on your GPU and CPU. You system stability will improve, and your computer will thank you for it.

Why are you formatting every time? That's a huge waste of your time.

Anyway, the RAM obviously isn't stable at that speed. Probably because your motherboard doesn't support it.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/Striker_II_NSE/#specifications
4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR3 1600*/1333/800 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
Dual channel memory architecture - supports NVIDIA® SLI™-ready technology
*Overclock speed
**Refer to www.asus.com or this user manual for the Memory QVL(Qualified Vendors Lidts).
***When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.

EDIT: Your RAM should be ok at 1600mhz CL7 1.65V

trinityh

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Thanks, I'll try to over clock to that speed. I format every time because, before the crash on the first boot, I get an error that tell me to repair. So I have to format because repair doesn't work...