I would like to be able to overclock, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here are my specs:
- CPU (AMD) AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz
- Hard Drive Crucial 128GB SATA III SSD
- Hard Drive 2nd Western Digital Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s
- Memory (DDR3) Kingston HyperX 4GB PC-12800 DDR3
- Memory 2nd (DDR3) Kingston HyperX 4GB PC-12800 DDR3
- Operating System Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium
- Optical Drive ASUS 24X DVD+/-RW SATA
- Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W
- Video Card EVGA GTX 560x TI
First question: Do you have a custom CPU cooler or are you using the default cooler? If you have a custom cooler, you are in business. If you have the default cooler, don't push it more than 10 - 15 %.
My media tower is currently hovering at 4.1 GHZ with an A70 cooler on it by Corsair, with an 1100t cpu.
Follow this guide and you will be fine. This is what I used, along with asking questions here on the forum if any issues arose.
Also, I did not see any aftermarket cpu cooler in your list. If you do not have one, DO NOT waste your time trying to OC. The stock cooler that the 1100t comes with cannot handle the temps of OCing. You will just burn up your CPU.
This is the cpu cooler I use. It looks awesome and keeps my cpu temps way down. The only drawback of this CPU for some people is that it is HUGE. If you have the space for this, I would go with it. If not, there is always the 212.