Abit aw9d temperature reading issues

helsinki98

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Hi,

I am having some issues with my mobo (3 years old now), as soon as i turn my pc on and go into bios my cpu temp is being read at 55-59 deg, i have tried many different methods of cooling, water, fan etc and all have given relatively the same results. My cpu that i am using is a intel q6600 quad core and is two years old, on the previous dual core i was running i was also getting high temperatures but i didnt really think anything of it as i was a bit too young to try and fix it my self, from this and the various different cooling methods and paste applications i have tried i am lead to believe it is my mobo causing the issues. I currently don't have any problems running bc2 on high settings or other games.
I have also tried 3rd party programs and they have given the same results, this makes me think that the sensors on my mobo are faulty as i have tested with a temp gun the start up temps and they are not 59deg, also by touch.

The only issue this currently causes is for the fan to spin at 3k rpm which is a bit noisy so i was looking to find if the sensors could be replaced or if its better of getting a new mobo when i upgrade next year.

Cheers

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Not really a way to fix the temp sensors of a mobo as it is hardware not software, if you don't like noise maybe you should find a big 120 mm fan for the CPU as it would run quieter.