Solved

No LAN

My 5 year old ASUS motherboard gave up the ghost and so decided to build another (second one) last weekened. New motherboard is ASUS P7H57D-V-EVO with i5 660 and 6G of Corsair 1600 Ram. Installed a new eSATA write DVD and used the old Hard Drive too start. Everything is working except the LAN connection. Try to go online to register and both AOL and Explorer have "no connection found". Went into settings of OS (XP) things look OK, went into motherboard set up under tools, LAN is enabled, still nothing. Brought in LapTop to check cable, and that works fine. Re-installed broadband drivers, still nothing... any suggestions....get through to ASUS is impossible. THANKS
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Do you see yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? If so, you need to install LAN drivers for the new motherboard.
  2. Well it looks the drivers were installed, but a yellow exclamation mark could mean more than that. Check to see if the exclamation marks have a description of the problem, if any are there. Can you get an internet connection on any other device or PC?
  3. samoscratch said:
    Well it looks the drivers were installed, but a yellow exclamation mark could mean more than that. Check to see if the exclamation marks have a description of the problem, if any are there. Can you get an internet connection on any other device or PC?

    How did you determine that the new LAN drivers are installed? The OP didn't reinstall the OS. He said that the LAN is enabled in the BIOS, but there's nothing about the installation of LAN drivers for the new motherboard and I'm sure that the old ones won't work.
  4. I wouldn't recommend not doing a full reformat when changing that many core parts.
  5. Do you see yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? If so, you need to install LAN drivers for the new motherboard.[/quotemsg
    No yellow exc. mark in device mgr. But did get a start up message that the RealTec drivers have been instsalled, but that no Lan enabled,go to settings in BIOS. Did that and still have no connection. An answer to the question about using another computer to check the connection, I did hook up my wife's laptop and the connection is fine?? Tried several other things to no avail. This 63 year old brain cant take much more of this, just wish I knew more. Thanks for all the help
  6. Can you try right clicking on the network icon and selecting troubleshooting or repair connection?
  7. Did that last night also, says that it cant find a connection
  8. GhislainG said:
    How did you determine that the new LAN drivers are installed? The OP didn't reinstall the OS. He said that the LAN is enabled in the BIOS, but there's nothing about the installation of LAN drivers for the new motherboard and I'm sure that the old ones won't work.


    Oh, I figured that "Re-installed broadband drivers" was the OP's way of saying that.
  9. samoscratch said:
    Oh, I figured that "Re-installed broadband drivers" was the OP's way of saying that.
    I obviously missed that.
  10. I was not sure either, but the only disc that I got has (Iam at work, so excuse my memory) info about installing for the p57 graphics chip. Thanks
  11. Did you download and install the Realtek 8112L drivers from Realtek? http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=6&PFid=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false It may not resolve your issue, but it can't hurt either.
  12. Best answer
    Manually uninstall any drivers that remain or autoinstalled, and then try installing the Realtek ones.
  13. Iam getting ready to leave work, will try to keep you guys informed. I must try to download the lasted version tonight on my wifes laptop and copy to a CD. Thanks guys
  14. Tom Glasgow said:
    Iam getting ready to leave work, will try to keep you guys informed. I must try to download the lasted version tonight on my wifes laptop and copy to a CD. Thanks guys

    Put it on a Flash Drive if you have it, will be faster.
  15. Best answer selected by r_manic.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus LAN Motherboards