Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No LAN

Last response: in Motherboards
March 31, 2010 4:32:58 PM

My 5 year old ASUS motherboard gave up the ghost and so decided to build another (second one) last weekened. New motherboard is ASUS P7H57D-V-EVO with i5 660 and 6G of Corsair 1600 Ram. Installed a new eSATA write DVD and used the old Hard Drive too start. Everything is working except the LAN connection. Try to go online to register and both AOL and Explorer have "no connection found". Went into settings of OS (XP) things look OK, went into motherboard set up under tools, LAN is enabled, still nothing. Brought in LapTop to check cable, and that works fine. Re-installed broadband drivers, still nothing... any suggestions....get through to ASUS is impossible. THANKS

More about : lan

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 216 V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 1:05:34 AM

Do you see yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? If so, you need to install LAN drivers for the new motherboard.
April 1, 2010 1:19:59 AM

Well it looks the drivers were installed, but a yellow exclamation mark could mean more than that. Check to see if the exclamation marks have a description of the problem, if any are there. Can you get an internet connection on any other device or PC?
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 216 V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 1:28:53 AM

samoscratch said:
Well it looks the drivers were installed, but a yellow exclamation mark could mean more than that. Check to see if the exclamation marks have a description of the problem, if any are there. Can you get an internet connection on any other device or PC?

How did you determine that the new LAN drivers are installed? The OP didn't reinstall the OS. He said that the LAN is enabled in the BIOS, but there's nothing about the installation of LAN drivers for the new motherboard and I'm sure that the old ones won't work.
a b V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 1:56:46 AM

I wouldn't recommend not doing a full reformat when changing that many core parts.
April 1, 2010 2:39:36 PM

1886115,2,339627 said:
Do you see yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? If so, you need to install LAN drivers for the new motherboard.[/quotemsg
No yellow exc. mark in device mgr. But did get a start up message that the RealTec drivers have been instsalled, but that no Lan enabled,go to settings in BIOS. Did that and still have no connection. An answer to the question about using another computer to check the connection, I did hook up my wife's laptop and the connection is fine?? Tried several other things to no avail. This 63 year old brain cant take much more of this, just wish I knew more. Thanks for all the help
a b V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 2:43:27 PM

Can you try right clicking on the network icon and selecting troubleshooting or repair connection?
April 1, 2010 4:31:10 PM

Did that last night also, says that it cant find a connection
April 1, 2010 9:39:26 PM

GhislainG said:
How did you determine that the new LAN drivers are installed? The OP didn't reinstall the OS. He said that the LAN is enabled in the BIOS, but there's nothing about the installation of LAN drivers for the new motherboard and I'm sure that the old ones won't work.

Oh, I figured that "Re-installed broadband drivers" was the OP's way of saying that.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 216 V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 9:41:07 PM

samoscratch said:
Oh, I figured that "Re-installed broadband drivers" was the OP's way of saying that.
I obviously missed that.
April 1, 2010 9:43:49 PM

I was not sure either, but the only disc that I got has (Iam at work, so excuse my memory) info about installing for the p57 graphics chip. Thanks

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 10:02:39 PM

Manually uninstall any drivers that remain or autoinstalled, and then try installing the Realtek ones.
April 1, 2010 11:22:52 PM

Iam getting ready to leave work, will try to keep you guys informed. I must try to download the lasted version tonight on my wifes laptop and copy to a CD. Thanks guys
April 2, 2010 12:00:27 AM

Tom Glasgow said:
Iam getting ready to leave work, will try to keep you guys informed. I must try to download the lasted version tonight on my wifes laptop and copy to a CD. Thanks guys

Put it on a Flash Drive if you have it, will be faster.
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2010 1:49:12 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
!