Sign in with
Your question

Dell xps t450

Last response: in Components
December 28, 2009 5:57:15 PM

Trying to install Win XP on my Dell xps T450 with new HDD. Unable to change boot order in bios. How can I make changes?

More about : dell xps t450

December 28, 2009 10:39:23 PM

Check the post screen for the key to press to enter the bios. The "del" key on lower right usually works. Go through each bios section until you find "boot order". I use cd>hardrive. Save and exit.
m
l
December 29, 2009 3:50:23 AM

o1die said:
Check the post screen for the key to press to enter the bios. The "del" key on lower right usually works. Go through each bios section until you find "boot order". I use cd>hardrive. Save and exit.

I have done that and it worked just fine on another Dell. This one is not cooperative where changing ANYTHING in the bios is concerned. The boot section is showing with the wrong boot sequence, but I cannot highlight or change anything. Squence is floppy first then HDD, then CD Rom. I need to change it to CD Rom first, then HDD, then floppy. Have no hair left to pull out.... :ange:  :cry:  But thanks for reponding. Any other ideas? I tried to gewt some idea from Dell, but that didn't work either.
m
l
January 7, 2010 1:02:33 PM

If you read my other replies you'll find that the only way I was able to fix the problem was to disconnect (disable) CMos battery and boot from there. That way I was able to get into BIOS to make all needed changes. But thanks for your reply.
m
l
!