Coolermaster HAF 932 vibration

belgerog

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Hello,

I've recently built a new PC, the case is a Coolermaster HAF 932. Everything seems fine except I seem to be having strong vibrations on the case. This happens all the time, including when the HDD and the optical drive aren't working, so I imagine it's those big fans that come with the case (it could be something else entirely).

So, have any other HAF 932 users experienced these vibrations?

I'm using a Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800W as my PSU. Two of the fans share the same power cable from the PSU (the ones wiht 4 pins) and the other two have each their own cable. I'm not sure if that's a good way of connecting them.

Anyway, can this be harmful to other components? There isn't any noise from the vibrations, so it's not annoying at all.

Thanks a lot for your time.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
The larger fans generally run at lower RPM's, so unless there is a broken blade or one of them is not screwed in tightly, I doubt it's them. Make sure everything is snug, fans and PSU especially.

MRFS

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
fans sometimes come from the factory with balance defects,
and/or defects in the bearing

BEST WAY is to remove each suspect fan, and power it up
outside the chassis, while holding it in your hand

if the fan is vibrating a lot, you'll feel it

MRFS

DrMASS

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I put small round rubber dampening on all my fans in my case. The top 200mm fan was the fan vibrating at all speeds (low or high), the other fans (front mounted 200mm and rear 120mm) only vibrated in higher speeds.