Connection to samsung 61" tv problem

I'm trying to hook up my laptop Compaq to Samsung 61" 2006 model.Using VGA input, tv keeps telling me it has "no support mode".Can anyone help me? ,thanks a million? :)
9 answers Last reply
More about connection samsung problem
  1. try changing resolutions ... start with 800x600 or 1024x768 , also try them in dual view mode (extended desktop )from display settings , not clone or single output .

is your tv full hd ?
  2. I bought it used and it's 1080p,it comes with no manual. Is 1080p full HD?
  3. yes , its full hd , tv's dont have a higher resolution ... its showing no support mode because ur trying something other than 1920x1080 , which is full hd . ull also need a good wire for vga because interference problems will cause unclear picture .

do you have intel or nvidia graphics ? for nvidia go to nvidia control panel , set up multiple displays , detect display , and in dual view mode , change the resolution to 1920x1080 .
  4. cyberkuberiah said:
    yes , its full hd , tv's dont have a higher resolution ... its showing no support mode because ur trying something other than 1920x1080 , which is full hd . ull also need a good wire for vga because interference problems will cause unclear picture .

do you have intel or nvidia graphics ? for nvidia go to nvidia control panel , set up multiple displays , detect display , and in dual view mode , change the resolution to 1920x1080 .

Sorry i've been so busy to get online to reply to your post. I still got a problem because my computer doesn't have a resolution as high as 1920x1080. It does show up on 40" Sony tv has full hd. Would it make it a difference between 40 and 60 inches t.v? Do you have a wire recommendation?I use a 50 foot wire.
  5. no problemo , you can set a custom user created resolution of 1920x1080 . which graphics do you have in the computer ? intel/nvidia/ati ? then i will tell you how to do it .
  6. I have nivida video graphics
    The first day I bought the T.V home. I hooked it up it works and I changed the VGA cable to a different VGA cable and it won't work. I tried all my VGA cable and it sitll won't work except the first one I tried, I couldn't find the first cable. Is there an issue with the cable?

The situation right now, is that I have the Playstation 3 hooked up to the T.V using HDMI, and when the Playstation 3 is turned on, and my computer is connected to the T.V at the same time it flickers, but when the Playstation 3 is turned off it shows "No support mode".

Is there a certain type of VGA cable?
  7. no vga cables are all the same . maybe you should get your tv checked then by a samsung technician , because the ps3 on/off on hdmi affecting vga input is a hardware error , not a minor problem .
  8. I got geek squad to have my TV check.
  9. could be the 61" is a plasma where 1080p means to them 1280x1080 with a ton of dithering.

But still resolutions like 640x480 and 800x600 should still in general work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Connection Samsung Graphics