yassinseoud

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
So far I ordered:
Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX360 Radiator for PC Liquid Cooling
2 of Koolance VID-NX590 (GeForce GTX 590) Water Block NEW
XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir with Aluminum Faceplates (Black and Silver)

I need the remaining parts for my Corsair 650D build, I already have a H100 so I don't need CPU cooling parts.
Please list the parts from amazon as that is the only way I will be able to get it.

PMed a mod to move this to the watercooling forum.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. You're thinking of running two 590s on a single 360 rad?? That is just absolutely NOT enough cooling. We usually recommend ~240mm rad space per chip (CPU or GPU), and if you have four GPUs you're looking at at least 960mm rad space to cool those, and that's with 2000-3000 RPM fans (quite loud).

If you don't think this through, this will end very badly for your hardware. Please read the stickies in the watercooling forum so that you understand what I'm talking about a bit more (this is considered not an optional step).

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
GTX 590 = ~365 watts (each)

A typical 360 rad will handle between 525-575 watts, on average with 1800 rpm fans. Your loop is looking at at total of ~730 watts at STOCK speeds (not including pump head dump- 15-20 watts).

You are looking at a 360 and at least an additional 120 or 140 rad...

Edit: To add:

I already have a H100 so I don't need CPU cooling parts

Compared to an actual water loop, the H100 falls pretty short. However, if you are limited by budget, I can see your concern here.

I'd say a lot more if he want to cool them with a good delta. We're talking 4 physical GPUs...

yassinseoud

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
So should I order another one of this: Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX360 Radiator for PC Liquid Cooling

Also what are the other parts I need to complete my water cooling? Please list them off amazon.

You're definitely going to need that second rad. You'll probably have to mount them externally, because I don't think you can even fit in a single 360 rad in the 650D (at least not without major modding).

You really need to take a step back here and A) figure out what you need to cool, B) figure out what you need to cool it, and C) how you are going to implement B.

Distilled water + PT Nuke OR a silver kill coil is all you need for your coolant.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You really need to take a step back here and A) figure out what you need to cool, B) figure out what you need to cool it, and C) how you are going to implement B.

Well said.

Also what are the other parts I need to complete my water cooling? Please list them off amazon.

We shouldn't be telling you what to spend your own money on- what if you took the advice of someone that didn't know what they were talking about? Understanding what is needed for your build is essential - otherwise, why are you doing it to begin with? What happens if you run into issues in the future - wait on a forum to tell you what to do next? Watercooling is a learning process - it's best to know as much as you can.

G

Go for it bro. You definitely can cool that dual GPU GTX 590 with that Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX360 Radiator.

This actually my plan too in few months (cooling 2 GTX 590 on qual SLI with very small footprint).

The objective should be is to go & make things smaller, not making thinks bigger & use up lots of power.

We're goin green here. I think this is what Obama wants. :D

yassinseoud

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I know that I need to know more about water cooling to do this but I just need to know compatible remaining parts to order first then worry about the rest later. All I want know is the remaining parts required from amazon (tubes, pump, fittings etc) that are compatible with my build.

G

The threaded connections on pumps & blocks are becoming more & more standard (1/4 G). You only need to know particularly the ID (inside diameter) of the particular tube & the fittings it would fit in. The OD (outside diameter) now becomes less of a concern as more & more tube wall thickness becomes standard.

3/8 ID (1/2 OD) is the standard size. There's tubes & fittings that's less or bigger in sizes. Some likes it bigger (the bigger the better the liquid flow) but I would suggest using the standard size especially if you have a not so big case (it will look weird if you have a very small set up with big tubes).

I don't like the look of barb fittings & prefers compression fittings.

I agree that comps look a lot better than barbs - much cleaner appearance. You just need to make sure that you match the outer diameter with compression fitting or else you'd be wasting a lot of money on those.

3/8 ID 1/2 OD is standard for medium flow, but 1/2 ID 3/4 OD is generally the go-to size for high flow "extreme cooling". It's a bit bulky but it does work.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think it's only fair if someone 'just wants to know what to buy', I should be able to list additional gear that could be purchased and sent to me.

I'm sorry- if someone isn't going to take the time to learn what they need to spend their own money on for their own good- if I'm going to be involved, they might as well spend it on me too, while they're at it.

That needs to go on the sticky wall of sayings (looking at you, Moto :) )

G

Look brother, we're not the ones building your liquid cooled pc. It's you building it. It's best that you should be the one doing your own research & not let this gentlemen hand every parts for you to purchase.

There's plenty of online stores for you to check into for liquid cooling parts.

yassinseoud

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I just want to know the parts to get and then someone at the IT department is gunna assemble it for me. Id rather ask the experts than spend time looking for and researching water cooling things. All I want is lower gpu temps, now can someone please link me to remaining good parts on amazon