Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to fix crc error in a portable hard disk?

Last response: in Storage
August 21, 2011 6:01:42 PM

My 1TB Toshiba 2.5" external hard drive has become inaccessible. I can't even access it to run check disk. I was originally just getting crc errors for my torrent files, but now I can't do anything. I am trying to resolve the issue using "Tune Up Utilities 2011", but the drive is still inaccessible. What must I do?....please help!!!

Best solution

a b G Storage
August 22, 2011 7:23:55 PM

At the very least the file system has become corrupt, so you should format it. If the problems persist then the drive is failing and should be replaced.
August 29, 2011 8:06:23 AM

I have formatted the disk with the help of "Paragon Disk Manager' and then recovered the lost data with the help of "icare data recovery".
But still, I am facing problem in copying files, the system gets hanged and some error is displayed. Now I have asked the vendor to replace the disk.
m
l
Related resources
September 1, 2011 5:24:27 AM

Best answer selected by anujbisen.
m
l
June 10, 2013 3:12:47 PM

Hi, there!
I've had the same problem for the past few days. I tried all tips given on the issue, but in vain. But in the end I came up with my own solution.
I borrowed my friend's laptop and used it to format my own HDD, which is by the way Toshiba. I logged it and erased all partitions. Since crc issues lurk at the very begging parts of the hard drive, I discarded 10Go from my hard drive to prevent any dysfunction and hidden that 10Go from appearing. Then, I partitioned the rest to C: and D:. I granted primary partition to both C: and D:. And that did the trick.
Once, I ran a chdsk using Hp start up utility, it did'nt catch hold of that 10Go in question. I proceeded to the installation of the OS. Up the now, everything seem ok.

By the way, I used to hear some kcrrrr sound when I used to copy something what ever drive is, now I don't here that sound anymore.
Hope it'll work for you the same way
m
l
!