Fan controller that accepts molex powered fans???

So does anyone know of a fan controller that controls the fans inside the case but instead of having 3/4 pin connectors to the fans, it has molex connectors to the fans. My case has 3 fans that are powered only by molex adapters from the PSU and I would like a fan controller to turn them down cause they are LOUD. I want something that looks like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811998808 but accepts molex powered fans... Anyone know if they exist?

-Thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about controller accepts molex powered fans
  1. you will need 3 pins fans if you want to control speed because molex have 2 connector the power and ground so you cannot control those fan
  2. scout_03 said:
    you will need 3 pins fans if you want to control speed because molex have 2 connector the power and ground so you cannot control those fan

I thought the point of the fan controller was to send a varying amount of voltage to the fan to control the fan's speed. More voltage = faster, less voltage = slower. I guess I don't understand why this isn't possible with just two pins? Just send less voltage to the power pin is my thought...
  3. the controller you linked to comes with the adaptor cables you would need to make it work. good luck
  4. @deadlee 690 he just want to control fan connected on molex
  5. hum, i know. i don't understand what the problem is. you can control any fan speed using a potentiometer which is all a fan controller is, am i missing something here?
  6. That second one looks like it's the type of item I need, that first one isn't, the fans need 3 or 4 pin connectors for the first one.
  7. most fan controllers come with the cables you need to use with 3 or 4 pin fans. if you look at the picture you linked to on newegg you can see the cables are 4 pin to 3 pin. the 3 pin side goes to the controller and the 4 pin side goes to the fan, good luck
  8. that the only one i found on the net
  9. I've been using the NZXT sentry. It's got dual connectors, and works like a charm in my uses. Not to mention it's nice bling for you PC lol...

Was great to have especially because my old Antec 300 case fans were LOUD.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cases Fan Controller Overclocking Product