abajbeir

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Motherboard: MSI P45 Platinum (MS-7512) (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394).
CPU: Quad Core Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650, 3000 MHz (9 x 333).
RAM: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 8GB Platinum Quad Kit.
H.D: I have four hard disk from WDC Green 3*1 Tera SATA and one 500 GB SATA Green for the system.
GPU: MSI Radeon HD 4870X2, R4870X2-T2D2G-OC.
Display: View Sonic VX2255wm-2 [22" LCD] (QK9074330194).
PSU: Corsair HX1000W.

Yo people ,

I'm going to replace my ATi 4870 x2 card with Nvidia GTX 295 because the ATi heating problem, So what brand should i take for the Nvidia GTX 295 there is a lot of Manufactures so which one is good.

Actually, that "GPU Upgrade" would not be worth it, at all.

Buy a single HD5870. That will reduce heat in your case by a fourth or more.
Buy an AMC for your CPU, and possibly an expansion-slot fan designed to blow directly on the GPU.

It would only make sense to sell your current card, probably around 260 ~ 275 bucks. Pay the additional 130 bucks for the difference and shipping and you will be within 50~60 bucks of the cost of keeping your current card and upgrading to the 69.99 aftermarket cooler.

Personally I would do this if spending the extra money is no issue. Take pics of your card now and sell it while people are still hot after trying to find one.

This will cheaply get you ready for direct x11 and reduce heat and power draw as others here have suggested...

magicbullet

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
i would recommend EVGA, good warranted and an amazing customer service with a reasonable price.

TO ALL PEOPLE ABOVE, YOU SHOULD SPEND MORE TIME ANSWERING THE QUESTION NOT YOUR OWN STUPID OPINION OF WHICH WAY TO UPGRADE AND WHAT NOT. bunch of r-tards.

You my friend are not someone I want helping me to diffuse a bomb. You would likely tell me to cut the red one if I like that color instead of telling me the color that would be best to cut if I don't want to blow myself and everyone else around me to smithereens.

You have to be around 12 to post the idiotic response you just made. GROW UP KID...

"Hello, I'm currently using an intel core2duo E3300. I'm upgrading to an AMD Phenom II. What's the best P2?"

Do you tell him it's the Phenom II 965, or that he can't use a Phenom CPU?

abajbeir

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Thanks to all of you for your quick replies. And special thank to "magicbullet" that really answer my question that I'm looking for.
From above I understood that the best GPU card come from EVGA, do you recommend to use motherboard from the same brand?

You give special thanks to someone that disrespects everyone else that takes time out to reply to your thread to keep you from wasting your money? Threads like this make it less desirable to help people.

Obviously an HD 5870 that was suggested isn't made by EVGA and my suggestion to you was to not waste your money on a useless upgrade no matter what brand card you are looking at.

Go ahead and buy the GTX 295. You will see a good +/- 1% performance difference. I have better things to do with 500.00. I hope it's worth it...

abajbeir

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Dear englandr753,
I appreciate your opinion and I have a bad experience with ATi and I want to change to nVidia. And I agree with you this will be wasting my money. But I can wait until new generation is available in the market. So, what brand should I buy on that time? And is it better if I take the motherboard from the same brand of the GPU?

What bad experience with ATI, your 4870x2 overheating? Nvidia has had the same issues with some of their cards as well.

I can't suggest its better to have an EVGA motherboard and video card but only for the reason for customer support issues. Since you have to buy a new Nvidia card, I would wait for the GTX 300 series to arrive with direct x11.

EVGA is a good brand and I do trust them, look in my sig...

abajbeir

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Thank you englandr753 for your advice.

After I installed the new cooling VGA heat sink from Arctic “Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME 4870X2 VGA Cooler " that you advise me to buy it, the heat goes down in the normal case from 62° to 40°, and when I turn on the A.C. It goes down to 31°, and when I play heavy games like Crysis 2 or Supreme Commander 2 on the highest setting it goes to around 65°, and before that it came close to 120°, and my PC was frozen or gives me blue screen of death.
Thank you again and I also changed my case from Giga Byte to Spedo Advance from Thermaltake.

TRENDING THREADS