How to remove yellow exclamation point in my WAN mini port?

Maricel Dumpit

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I cannot remove the yellow exclamation point in the wan mini port. I tried to unisntall and update the driver but still there. Please help. Thanks!

G

I have the same problem but instead i have 3 yellow wan miniport with yellow exclamation marks.

No it isn't the ethernet card. I uninstalled the driver and removed it physically. But the WAN miniports are still there.

Running Win 8 64-bit.

This is a common problem w/ these WAN miniports. They're usually installed w/ the network adapter drivers, or perhaps by other software that uses the network adapter (e.g., AOL). Unfortunately many of these installers fail to remove it when you uninstall the same item. Sometimes you can just delete them manually, sometimes you can’t. But if you leave them there in device manager, they normally do no harm. In fact, if you want to simply eliminate the yellow exclamation point, just disable it and it will be X’d out.

G

I actually used the system restore after i installed new intel drivers to my Intel PT 1000 Pro ethernet card. After the system restore was completed i had three WAN miniports in my device manager. My ethernet card doesn't even have WAN-ports so that was kind of strange.