Sign in with
Your question

Help! GA-MA770T-UD3P BIOS Issue

Last response: in Motherboards
April 1, 2010 12:19:06 PM

Hi All,

I have a problem with my BIOS not detecting my harddisk and dvd rw drive everytime when i first boot up, DOS will say hard disk failure, insert boot disk. However, if i allow the computer to run for about 5 minutes and do a reset, the BIOS will then be able to detect both drives. My configuration is as follows

- GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard
- Samsung 1TB SATA 32MB Ecogreen
- GSkill 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB
- 430W ANTEC Earthwatts
- AMD X4 620 2.6Ghz

I have tried switching around the SATA ports, SATA cables, flashing the latest BIOS and setting the order of the boot up. Initially i thought it was the harddisk problem and i went to buy another new drive but the problem persists..

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can provide me with any advice as this issue is frying my brains out as i search on the internet for a solution.

Btw, i read in some posts that we can set a Boot Delay time, can anyone tell me how this can be done? As i cant seem to find this option in the BIOS.

Thanks in advance!

More about : ma770t ud3p bios issue

a c 177 V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 12:53:50 PM

Sounds to me like you might have a corrupt MBR (master boot record) on your HD - what OS are you running? Another possibility - have you recently switched from AHCI to 'plain' SATA, or the opposite? AMDs seem to have some kind of odd problem with this...
m
l
April 1, 2010 1:04:46 PM

i'm running on a win xp system, as we speak, i'm trying one last resort and thats disassembling everything and fixing them back again, then a format to reinstall win xp plus clearing the cmos.

i have not tried switching raid or ahci as i left the bios default for onboard sata type as "native IDE"

not too sure if i should play around with the onboard sata as i only have 1 hdd and 1 dvd drive.

Sorry but could you explain abit more on the MBR? Would that imply an issue on the mainboard or hdd?

My last resort would be to send the mainboard back to the manufacturers :pfff: 

cheers!
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 1:28:06 PM

Was this working before and just started having issues, or did this occur on something like the first reboot?
m
l
April 1, 2010 1:31:07 PM

the entire rig was working fine for about 1 week till it got busted suddenly...no overclock etc.
m
l
April 1, 2010 1:33:48 PM

thanks bibat, appreciate that!
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 1, 2010 6:41:22 PM

Always welcome! :hello: 
m
l
!