texbldr

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I am planning a build in the next couple months, and the Rosewill Destroyer caught my eye, too.

With no feedback on newegg, I think I may wait or pursue alternatives. The feedback on some of Rosewill's other popular cases was not so hot. A couple folks had issues with the mechanisms securing PCIe cards and hard drives.

Maybe some feedback or reviews will show they have fixed the issues.

texbldr

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I have been researching cases from $50 to $200. The Antec 300 has stood out as a pretty wicked piece of work. With all five fans installed, its got some awesome air flow and can keep CPU temps down to levels close to its bigger brothers. I have even seen big heatsinks, like the Mugen 2 in it.

I think Newegg has the 300 Illusion for $55 now. It has two fans in the front instead of the one that the Standard 300 does.

Anyway, in the $50 to $75 range, its worth a look.

DZeroENT

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I have the Rosewill Wind Knight and although the quick tool-less nonsense doesn't work it comes w/ PCIe screws, as well as, all the hardware need to mount things given the situation that the tool-less doesn't work.

People really give Rosewill a bad name and hurt their sales.

If you can't operate a power tool or a can of spray paint you should stick to the overly priced cases.

+1. Well said.

However, I do wish more new cases are using a rotated drive cage.

Anyways, you should be able to do some watercooling (320 rad on top) or put in a big heatsink like the TRUE 120.

People really give Rosewill a bad name and hurt their sales.
Some of Rosewill branded products are quite good (for example, one of their WiFi g USB adapters are quite good). However, most of the people and reason Rosewill is infamous is because of their cr@p quality PSUs.

If you can't operate a power tool or a can of spray paint you should stick to the overly priced cases.
I would rather mod a higher end case than a cheap case. Also realize, most people even hard core modders value their time over a few $$ spent on the pre built case. Also, you don't see modders messing with cheap cases. There is a reason for that. Spend some time at bit tech modding section and you'll see why.

DZeroENT

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009

I've noticed that a lot of people don't realize w/ the rotated drive cage requires 90/180 degree SATA connectors and complain about it, then manufacturers read those reviews and accommodate those particular consumers.

BTW, the reply above of mine is my personal opinion, if I had the money for a 850 dollar Thermaltake Level 10. I would still buy a cheap case and use the money left over to modify it.

I like 90 degree SATA cables anyway :p

hddp.jpg