Sign in with
Your question

Will my RAM obstruct CoolerMaster Hyper 612 PWM?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 25, 2012 2:26:07 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm preparing for my first time CPU overclock and need advice.

The CPU to be overclocked is an i7 860 and have been told it has potential.

On advice from the good folks at Tom's Hardware I will most likely get the CoolerMaster Hyper 612 PWM to keep my CPU cool while I attempt to boost the MHz.

The only thing keeping me from ordering this part is the issue of my RAM possibly obstructing the fan on the cooler which as I have gathered so far has an overhang of sorts.

My 4 ram slots are all filled each with 4GB Princeton "DDR3-SDRAM PC3-10700 (667MHz) - [DDR3-1333]" (as it reads in Pc Wizard 2010).

I have attempted to check the dimensions of all of the above in my case to make sure it will fit ok but as a total noob im a bit confused how they all line up.

Just wondering if anyone has a similar setup who can tell me if it will work, even a general nudge in the right direction would be helpful. From what I have read so far this particular cooler should be fine in most systems but I thought I should check with the experts before I order.

If it matters my mobo is an ASUS P7P55D LE and for more info here's a link to the store I will be buying from.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Thanks in advance! :) 
January 26, 2012 11:04:19 PM

190 wide x 390 high x 445 deep (mm). The CoolerMaster IS quite big, yeah.

I'll check out some reviews of the Thermalright True Spirit.

Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2012 11:08:00 PM

It's an AOpen case.
m
l
June 12, 2012 11:04:52 AM

I found this thread just now researching other stuff with Google.

BTW: I got the Hyper 212 Evo and it fits just fine. Deceased my temps by about 30C.

Thanks.
m
l
!