Overclocking an HP a6602f

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read my topic!
First, my computer spec page is here;

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01553736&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3809083#N66

However I upgraded my video card to ATI Radeon HD 4650

Some general specs if you wish not to click on the link;

Motherboard: Nettle3
Processor: AMd Phenom[TM] 2.20 GHZ Triple Core 8550

What programs can I use to overclock the cpu?
And what is a safe clock speed?

Thanks in advance!

CPU is usually 52 degrees cel. It usually doesn't go much above that during load.
11 answers Last reply
More about overclocking a6602f
  1. your motherboard is probably an OEM from hp, so its going to lack the bios to perform overclocking, and i dont recomend you guess and check for a bios from another vendor that may allow you to. you might be able to use amd overdrive, but i doubt that will work.
  2. 52 celcius is about 100 fahrenhiet. That's pretty hot. And you can overclock through the bios but I'd get a proper CPU cooler though.
  3. 50 degrees celcius during idle, 50 during gaming. So I doubt, its really dangerous right? I'm getting conflicting answers here :o
    So I can overclock it through bios? And what should be the safe clock speed?
  4. You might be able to overclock through bios, it's not likely though as it is a prebuilt.
  5. Hm, perhaps is there a program I can do this? My bios is very cluttered.
  6. I don't think so. There are auto overclockers but your CPU is locked so I don't believe its possible also, you might need a better cooler as the maximum operating temperature of your CPU is 55 degrees Celcius. http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20X3%208550%20-%20HD8550WCJ3BGH%20(HD8550WCGHBOX).html
  7. It says 55-71.
    My cpu never really reaches over 52.
    right now its 49.

But I guess what you are saying, is that it is not recommended.
    Also, can you give me a recommendation on another cooling solution?
  8. guavasauce said:
    your motherboard is probably an OEM from hp, so its going to lack the bios to perform overclocking, and i dont recomend you guess and check for a bios from another vendor that may allow you to. you might be able to use amd overdrive, but i doubt that will work.

AMD Overdrive won't work because i have a nvidia chipset.
  9. Got any alternatives, (if not than thats fine). Because it costs 50 percent more in canada >.>
  10. It was the cheapest one I could find.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Hewlett Packard Product