Closed Solved

Blue screen after 2500k OC.

Alright so i decided to overclock my 2500k to only 4ghz since im running on air. All i did was change the cpu multiplier to 40 and then booted in to windows and everything was working fine for a few minutes and then i would blue screen. My normal temps are fine under 3 hrs of prime i reached only 48 degrees, so i dont think thats the problem either. Another problem I have is on restart my computer powers on and then nothing displays and then powers off again and everything works fine. I dont know what the problem is so if you guys could help please let me know. Oh yea and i left everything else on auto.

here are my specs.
intel 2500k
Msi z68a-gd65(G3)
4gbs of g.skill memory at 1333
evga gtx 560 ssc ds
patriot pyro se 120gb
samsung spinpoint f3 1tb
Cpu- Coolermaster hyper 212+
CoolerMaster silent pro 600w psu

please let me know,
Thank you
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about blue screen 2500k
  1. Might need to up your CPU or RAM voltage, up the Memory frequency, up the PCI frequency, etc. OCing isn't just changing the multiplier. If your other parts aren't getting what they need, the CPU OC doesn't do anything but choke other parts out.
  2. scottiemedic said:
    Might need to up your CPU or RAM voltage, up the Memory frequency, up the PCI frequency, etc. OCing isn't just changing the multiplier. If your other parts aren't getting what they need, the CPU OC doesn't do anything but choke other parts out.

alright so what do i do.

im extremely new to overclocking so i dont really want to mess anything up.
  3. Best answer
    There are some great guides to overclocking here. I suggest to start with those so you know what and why you are changing what you are changing.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265056-29-2600k-2500k-overclocking-guide

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/266189-29-sandy-bridge-series-ocing-cores-guide

There are others, usually as stickies at the top of the forums, but start with those, as you have a SB k series CPU.
  4. Best answer selected by irCRiz.
  5. Id say that turbo stuff intel is using is kicking in causing the OC to jump to like 4.6ghz or somewhere around it. Read up a nice bit on it to learn how to get it stable.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Overclocking