Sign in with
Your question

Ethernet controller driver for windows xp free download

Last response: in Windows XP
March 28, 2012 5:49:22 PM

can I download the ethernet controller driver for windows xp free download? i tried but I just been transfered asking if I want other programs. I JUST WANT ETHERNET CONTROLLER DRIVER FOR WINDOWS XP.
Can You help me?
THANKS\
Carlos
a b \ Driver
March 28, 2012 6:15:53 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums

In XP, open Control Panel and go to System>Hardware>Device Manager then right click he Network Adapter and the ethernet adapter. Click the Details tab and
then scroll to Hardware IDs and note down the four characters after VEN for Vendor and the four which follow DEV for Device.

Go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those details in the relevant boxes and you should be led to the right manufacturer's site for the correct driver. You may need to scroll through the list to find the right DEVice but most are in there somewhere, sorted into VENdor order.

Nowhere other than the maker's website is a really safe place to download drivers - most sites want something in return.

m
l
June 19, 2012 9:56:37 AM

carlos cesar said:
can I download the ethernet controller driver for windows xp free download? i tried but I just been transfered asking if I want other programs. I JUST WANT ETHERNET CONTROLLER DRIVER FOR WINDOWS XP.
Can You help me?
THANKS\
Carlos

m
l
!