Coretemp & Overclocking

I Have been using Coretemp to monitor my CPU temps as i worked my multipliers up and gamed (BF3). I OC'd my FX 6100 to 4Ghz without adjusting voltage but I want to go higher. My temp has never reached above 38C during BF3 and 32 during PCMark. I have an H60 Corsair cooler.

I haven't read anyone else having such low temps even at idle. (If i leave my PC on with nothing going on on it, it will idle around 15C, according to to Core temp). When I have the BIOS up it usually reads nearer to 30C.

Should I trust Core Temp 1.0 or is there a more reliable way to check temps before continuing?
10 answers Last reply
More about coretemp overclocking
  1. those temps are not accurate. you cant have an idle temp below ambient unless your room is like 10*c.

use hwmonitor to check temps.
  2. cbrunnem said:
    those temps are not accurate. you cant have an idle temp below ambient unless your room is like 10*c. unless you're using DIce, LN2, or some other form of subambient cooling.

use hwmonitor to check temps.

3. hes using a water cooler there bud
  4. A72F room is 22C. That's still pretty cool for idle.
  5. Water cool is not subambient.
  6. Thanks, I'll check it out once I get home.
  7. Might as well download both HWMonitor and RealTemp.

And have you tested stability with a CPU test such as Prime 95 or Intel Burn Test? They'll truly test your overclock and your temps/cooling.
  8. Don't run multiple temperature monitoring programs at the same time as that can give you inaccurate readings. I like HWMontier.
  9. Okay so which temperature should I concern myself with on HWMonitor?

Has temps for all six cores and "TEMPIN 0, TEMPIN1, TEMPIN2"
  10. the six cores temps.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Battlefield