Sign in with
Your question

Asus xonar ds vs onboard VIA VT2020

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2009 6:28:09 PM

hi, ive just ordered the asus xonar ds from ebuyer and was wondering if i will hear much of a difference to the VIA VT2020 onboard audio that comes with my p7p55d mobo....my new m-audio av30s speakers sound "tinny" and lack the warmth of my old creative 2.1 system that was a fraction of the cost!!!...ive mucked about with the settings in the control panel of the VIA and i am up to date with drivers....
thx mev
January 2, 2010 10:18:12 PM

Onboard audio is a marketing trick, sure it doesn't sound bad but it can't compete with an add in soundcard, especially not with a Xonar. You will probally hear a difference, but it's also depending on your speakers.
January 3, 2010 9:51:15 AM

supersnicker said:
Onboard audio is a marketing trick, sure it doesn't sound bad but it can't compete with an add in soundcard, especially not with a Xonar. You will probally hear a difference, but it's also depending on your speakers.

I installed the xonar sound card and i can confirm my m-audio av30 speakers sound far superiour now...well worth the investment...thx all i need now is the frontal jacks to work i have been on asus support and i have noticed i am not the only one with this problem....asus havnt given a fix as of yet...any ideas????
Related resources
January 29, 2010 7:36:42 PM

Depending on how old your case is, it may be a compatibility issue, which I had the misfortune of running into. How old is it?
January 30, 2010 9:57:40 AM

the case was part of a new build nov.09....but ive since been made aware of connecting the fkn cables inside the case that wer connected to my mobo too the sound card ive still not got around to doing it but i will eventually ..lolol..the quick guide manual i got with the sound card explains wer these connections are ..lolo thx anyway dood
!