Upgrading a graphic card in a Thermaltake Kandalf LCS

dadude941

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Hello
I currently own a 8800gt inside my kandalf lcs, along with a 850 w psu. I am planning to upgrade my processor to a I7 920 and a new graphic card, and potentially a new PSU, but only if the graphic cards need more power. However, I am worried about the space I have in my Kandalf :??: . 2 questions:
1: Which graphic card should I get, taking into account the ones coming out before january, and can it fit inside my case?
2: Do i need a new power supply for this graphic card?

Thanks

Solution
^Nice, excellent choice: Comes under the 'quality' heading, so no worries there.
I have no idea how big that case is but it looks spacious so most will fit. Like I said, if in doubt, Google some reviews and get the tape measure out.
As for card: You're looking at a practically new build so the HD5850 or 5870 should be your only options, especially for an i7 rig.
The PCI-E connector on the card is 85 m.m. long, I use that to calculate the size of a card from the Newegg photographs although some companies give the length (look to their websites) and reviews may also state the card length. So do the math or some research and get out the tape measure my friend;)
Which PSU is it? A good quality 850W unit will drive any single and most dual card configurations, a poor one may not.

^Nice, excellent choice: Comes under the 'quality' heading, so no worries there.
I have no idea how big that case is but it looks spacious so most will fit. Like I said, if in doubt, Google some reviews and get the tape measure out.
As for card: You're looking at a practically new build so the HD5850 or 5870 should be your only options, especially for an i7 rig.

Solution