tommyov

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
this is how it sits as of now in my sys.

C/ window 7---on a intel x-25m 80gb
E/ FSX flight sim-----on a intel x-25m 80 gb
G/ movies mics. on a 1tb hhd

I want to format the 2 intel ssd's 80 gb... but how i tryed useing intel toolbox secrue erase, did not work, people say to use hhderase 3.3 but it dosen't even open,
can i just use disk management ?.. this is getting to be a pain for me and my level of exp.

I have a new corsair force 3 120 gb ssd i want to install for my FSX drive? y/n
witch leave me with 2 intel 80gb.. that i was going to use for window's-7

or should i put the 2 intel x-25 in raid 0 160gb for fsx
And the new 120 gb for windows-7

Definitely use the new Corsair for Windows.

Not only is it better and faster, but a game RARELY even uses the drive its on. It initially LOADS the main game, then has occasional level loads. That's a waste of the SSD's potential.

The other issue is you can't update the firmware on RAID0.

So, I recommend you:

1) update the firmware on your new Corsair if necessary
2) CLONE Windows to the new Corsair
3) Insert the Intel SSD's in non-RAID configuration to update the firmware if necessary
4) RAID0 the Intel SSD's if you want, your choice
5) Install your game to the Intel SSD's
6) Backup Windows on a regular basis (weekly?). I do it daily using Acronis True Image; it is an AUTOMATIC process (ATI is $50). Periodically delete all but the last three backups to save space.

tommyov

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
that the thing with this game (flight simulator) its not like others it is constantly loading autogen tree/houses/car/streets/light...thats why the ssd is great for it.. im guessing that the way you said it, that the corsair force 3 120gb is faster

my problem is wipin the intel ssd's all the programs ive tryed dont work should i just use disk managemet