Sign in with
Your question

Lite ON DH-4O1S-73C installation problem

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2009 8:54:04 PM

Hi,

So I just received a Lite ON DH-4O1S-73C Blue Ray Drive for christmas. I installed the drive in my pc, It recognized it. But Will not play blue ray discs. Now I know that I need a supporting program but my question is...

Do I need/where can I get drivers for this device.

and how do I get this thing working?

My system is this:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR2
MoBo: Asus P5N-D
Graphics: 2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT in SLI

Please tell me what I have to do to get this working.

Thanks,

Crazy Timmy
January 11, 2010 5:07:37 AM

I don't think you'll need drivers for it. Regarding a Blu-Ray player, I honestly haven't been able to find any free or open-source players. Not surprising, given Blu-Ray is a proprietary format. In any case, shouldn't your drive come with its own software-based player?
January 11, 2010 6:07:28 AM

r_manic said:
I don't think you'll need drivers for it. Regarding a Blu-Ray player, I honestly haven't been able to find any free or open-source players. Not surprising, given Blu-Ray is a proprietary format. In any case, shouldn't your drive come with its own software-based player?

The latest version of power DVD or Win DVD play blu-ray.. Did you buy a boxed product or a OEM. OEM generally dont come with player software so for the extra fiver i would tend to go with the retail box version as it comes with a copy of OEM Blu-Ray Playing software with updates.

The updates are important with Power DVD or Win DVD as the blu-ray specifications change now and again with extra features and bug fixes.
!