Possible PSU Problem??

Sutoto2189

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Built the rig back in late 07. I recently revamped the inside of my case with new fans and did some cleanup with my cords. For whatever reason, my computer is freezing when I play Team Fortress 2. It happens at random, and only while i play the game. I can play any other game on my computer for hours and hours without a hickup.. Need some help... Ive already done a disc defrag, got the latest and greatest updates for my game and for windows.
Specs:
Windows XP 32-bit SP2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Replaced within 6 months, (lan ports stoped working, sent me a new board)
GECUBE GC-XHD3850PG3-E3R Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX
CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
KINGWIN Revolution RVT-9225 92mm H.D.T. CPU Cooler
RAIDMAX AURORA 2 RX-600F 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready LED Power Supply
APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
2x APEVIA CF4SL-UBL-LED 80mm Blue LED Case Fan
2x Rosewill RFA-80-BL 80mm 4 Blue LEDs LED Case Fan
Thermaltake A1926 120mm Blue LED Case Fan

Previously i had the 2 apevia fans, along with another offbrand 80 mm side fan, and 2 80 mm thermaltake intake fans. 2 of my 5 fans were equiped with leds. Now all 5 of them have leds. I dont see this causing the issue but maybe it is??

Any guesses or suggestions why this could be happening?
My temps on everything are great, the case has very good airflow... CPU and MOBO never climb above 100 even after hours of gaming... Graphics Card stays at ~60C after hours of gaming while under full load, ive actualy never seen it go above 61C before.

Can this be a power issue?
Im not sure how much power my system is actualy using but i dont think i am pushing to its limits.. I built the system in late 07 so a 600w PSU was all sorts of big and fancy... I figured i would never even use that much power but maybe i am and then some??? Any help would be appreciated.. :)

When you did your cable management, it is entirely possible that you bumped something or moved a wire or power cable enough that it is not making continuous contact.

With the power cord disconnected from the surge protector, and you wearing a grounding wrist-strap, re-check and verify:
-- That each piece of hardware is properly seated in its slot - GPU, RAM, CPU, other PCI devices.
-- That each of the power connections are firmly and properly attached to the board and the components, including the GPU, CPU pin, HDDs, DVD/RWs, and the fans.
-- That your front panel connectors are not loose, and are connected to the proper pins.
-- After that, firmly attach the power cord to the PSU and to the surge protector, and then firmly attach the surge protector plug to the outlet.

Run your game.

Sutoto2189

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Ok, i checked everything. Its all pluged in and everything is seated properly... While playing again, it locked up, soon as it did, i was fast enough and got to alt tab it before it froze. It was saying my game was not responding. So i assume nothing is wrong with my PC, the game has a flaw in it and needs a hotfix... Because not even 2 mins ater getting the program to respond, i alt tabed back in, and it locked up but it wouldnt let me alt tab this time.

I jumped thru hoops thinking something was terebly wrong with my PC. Seems to be that the game itself is just a pile and needs to be updated, ive emailed the customer support with my problem, lets see what they can do. This whole freezing deal happend right after an update came on the game, because ive had the game for months, and could play for days without anykind of a problem what so ever... I know the patch they released isnt working right because all of the functions in the game do not work anymore, and in game achievments are not working.. I did a system restore to before it started to freeze. I uninstalled and re-installed my video driver, uninstalled and re-installed the launch client and the game 3 times. Did countless disc defrags... rolled back my anti virus update, figured maybe something was blocking it and causing it to freeze up.... But i guess i got my self all worked up for nothing..
But thanks to everybody in all the threads i posted for thier solutions and help... :)