BEST MOTHERBOARD FOR AMD

hey guys i was sponsored for a computer build by amd and was looking at some motherboards but it seems like alot of the motherboards that i use are intel. so if you could help me i was wondering what the best gaming motherboard was for a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor which i will be overclocking to 4 ghz ( normally runs at 3.4). i plan to use crossfire 9 two SAPPHIRE 100297SR Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Call of Duty (COD) Edition w/ ATI Eyefinity Technology also with 3 raptor hardrives and water cooling. i wanted at least 8 gig of ddr3 ram and a blur ray burner thank for your help you guys rock!
10 answers Last reply
More about best motherboard
  1. Hi btscomputers, If you are going with an Amd System, the two best Mobo's in my opinion would be either :

ASUS Crosshair III Formula, Socket-AM3
    AMD 790FX+SB750, DDR3, Firewire, GbLAN, ATX, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16

or

Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5, Socket-AM3
    AMD 790FX+SB750, ATX, DDR3 , SATA 6Gb, USB3.0, 2xGbLAN, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16

Im currently about to build an Amd system myself, I went with the Gigabyte mobo, though I havn't tried any of them personally..

The Asus mobo is alittle more expensive, and lack some key features like SATA 6Gb and USB3.0, which you'll find in the Gigabyte Mobo.

I havn't any experience with any of these mobos, but i believe these are the two best mobo's around at the time beeing, for Amd-systems that is..
  2. Hey thanks for the help
  3. reteP777 said:
    Hi btscomputers, If you are going with an Amd System, the two best Mobo's in my opinion would be either :

ASUS Crosshair III Formula, Socket-AM3
    AMD 790FX+SB750, DDR3, Firewire, GbLAN, ATX, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16

or

Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5, Socket-AM3
    AMD 790FX+SB750, ATX, DDR3 , SATA 6Gb, USB3.0, 2xGbLAN, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16

Im currently about to build an Amd system myself, I went with the Gigabyte mobo, though I havn't tried any of them personally..

The Asus mobo is alittle more expensive, and lack some key features like SATA 6Gb and USB3.0, which you'll find in the Gigabyte Mobo.

I havn't any experience with any of these mobos, but i believe these are the two best mobo's around at the time beeing, for Amd-systems that is..

That will change in few weeks with the MSI 890FX-GD70 and the Crosshair IV
  4. oh thanks for the warning
  5. do u have any clue the exact dates of when these are coming out and maybe the date of the phenom II x6
  6. ^ For the Thuban, you can see here

And for the mobos, both comes out in Q2, so, April, May or June.
  7. ok thanks
  8. hey won't the 890fx release along with the processors... i thought the chipset would be up for sale along with the thuban ...
  9. ^Yeah, and the Thuban comes out in Q2.
  10. so thuban and 890FX will be released at the same time..Fine Thanks..
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards AMD