Super Quiet and cheap CPU heatsink/fan replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emlarsen2

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
So I haven't been able to find much information about after market heatsink/fan replacement for CPUs that are super quiet. I'd figure this would be the place, but it seems everyone is into keeping there system cool for overclocking and not necessarily a silent PC. Well I'm asking all of you guys what the best fan and heatsink combo is in terms of being quiet. My system isnt really overclocked, maybe .2 GHz or so, so I'm not in need of an extreme cooling, it's just that the current fan is so dang loud I NEED to change it. Itll be on a 960T Phenom. So any tips on what fans you guys think are super quiet let me know!

Thanks!

Solution
one up on the corair h series havnt heard really anything bad about them just be sure to test the loop on it before installing to check for leaks and such(as you should with all coolers anyways), i dont know how quite they are but i have also heard very good things about the coolermaster hyper 212 evo last i knew they were 34.99 and newegg does free shipping no tax

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Corsair Hydro series, like an H60 or H80. Extremely quiet and on par with the best air coolers! I have an old H50 that keeps my i3 2100 at 26C idle and only the sound of a 120mm fan at the back of my computer that makes no appreciable noise difference compared to my 4 other case fans.

emlarsen2

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Ok thanks, but everything in google i look for says those are liquid cooling, im interested in simply air cooling, unless I'm just not looking at the right coolers... Also I was looking for something cheap, like $30-40, just something quiet since I don't need the extreme cooling aspect.

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
one up on the corair h series havnt heard really anything bad about them just be sure to test the loop on it before installing to check for leaks and such(as you should with all coolers anyways), i dont know how quite they are but i have also heard very good things about the coolermaster hyper 212 evo last i knew they were 34.99 and newegg does free shipping no tax

Solution

emlarsen2

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Ya, I'm most likely going to go with this one, it looks like just the heatsink I need! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.