Sign in with
Your question

Corsair platinum series

Last response: in Motherboards
April 3, 2010 12:41:47 AM

I wonder if Corsair 6GB TR3X6G1333C9 (Ver2.1) is compatible with ASUS P7P55D-E PRO mobo?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 1:37:21 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

That RAM is tri-channel, and your mobo only support dual-channel.

Now, you can buy it and install only two sticks, after buy another one and install both. But is better buy the kits of 4GB, or 2GB, or 8GB, not buy a 6GB and after buy another 2GB.
April 3, 2010 11:47:21 PM

Thanks very much indeed
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 3, 2010 11:54:35 PM

Any time, that's why we are here.

P.D. A very good kit for your mobo are this G.Skill 1600 CL7
April 4, 2010 12:40:31 AM

Oooo Wow, u r diamond... cheers,
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 4, 2010 12:41:51 AM

April 4, 2010 12:42:18 AM

Could I ask something about the CPU:
I wonder if it is enough for cooling the intel i5 750 with only the heat sink and fan that they come with it? or do I have to buy that huge one with cooling pipes as I've seen in others' PCs?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 4, 2010 12:45:53 AM

^That depends.

If you don't want OC your processor, with the heat sink that comes with the CPU is enough. BUT if you are planning OC your CPU, a cooler must be necessary.

The Hyper 212+ is a very good cooler for price/performance.
April 4, 2010 12:46:58 AM

mmmm... sorry no OC then :) 
Thanx a million
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 4, 2010 12:48:00 AM

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2010 12:49:49 AM

The ASUS P7P55D-E PRO is an impressive mobo for overclocking. The same for the i5 750. So it's a pitty not overclocking your system. For doing that you will need a good heatsink.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
April 4, 2010 12:53:55 AM

Henry Chinaski said:
The ASUS P7P55D-E PRO is an impressive mobo for overclocking. The same for the i5 750. So it's a pitty not overclocking your system. For doing that you will need a good heatsink.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Well, I do appreciate ur help guys :D 
Regarding OC, I am a bit cautious coz I don't want to burn my newly-built system :??:  which I spent a lot.
Actually, if u could tell me more about OC and how to be safe margin with it I would be grateful.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 4, 2010 10:07:00 PM

Thx, like I say, we are here to help you.
April 5, 2010 5:55:26 PM

Hi guys,
Is it true that 4GB RAM DDR3 or more will not be detected unless I have 64-bit OS?
Does that mean Windows XP 32-bit will not detect them? or will detect less?
Thanx in advance
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 5, 2010 6:24:40 PM

^Yeah, that's true BUT not in that words.

All the OS can detect your 4GB, but the 32 bits OS (x86) only can use 3.5GB or less. Why? architecture limitation of x86 OS.

if you want use 4GB or more, you need a x64 OS.
April 5, 2010 7:53:59 PM

Also, is it necessary to use the thermal paste when installing the CPU heatsink? or is it enough just to throw the sink over the CPU and tighten?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 5, 2010 8:09:16 PM

^Yeah is VERY necessary. The thermal paste is the way for the heat from the CPU to the heat pipes of your cooler.
April 5, 2010 8:43:39 PM

OK, but what if my heatsink doesn't have pipes, it is an ordinary one came with the CPU and in the manual they did not mention applying a thermal paste?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 5, 2010 8:58:40 PM

Ok, your heatsink comes with the CPU right?, in that case, the heatsink don't have heat pipes.

Usually, in AMD processor and heatsinks, the thermal paste comes pre-apply to the heatsink. I don't know if is the same for Intel, but I think that is the same.
April 6, 2010 11:44:13 PM

Hi friends,
I think I had a complex problem but I will describe it in details:
In my old PC I had a GeForce 9600GSO 384MB which I had no problem at all and it was running latest games at not too bad frame rates, it has a 6-pin power socket which I think it is for the extreme power horse in 3d rendering and when it runs fully I can hear its fan getting louder as ot runs faster of course.
2 months ago I added another HDD to my PC which I noticed a slow down in gaming frame rates so I suspected that the new HDD is taking wattage from my humble PSU which is struggling to supply all stuff so the video card might be affected, so I removed the new HDD to see if things go back to normal. BUT, unfortunately, the games are still slow even with the installation of the latest drivers and strangely I cannot hear the fan getting loud again!!!
What is the prob in your opinion??? Is the v.card aged?? I even swapped the cables between the devices hoping that the power gets back normal as I suspected that the 6-pin power is not supplying (just a thought)?
Please help me... Thanks
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 7, 2010 4:19:33 AM

^Can you see the fan running?
April 9, 2010 12:11:28 PM

YES my friend, the fan is running but not reaching its maximum speed when a comlex 3D scene is rendering. For e.g: when I was playing Burn Out Paradise City, I could hear the fan getting loud indicating the card is running at maximum power and the frame rate was amazing, but now the frame rates got unpleasant and the render is slow just like I'm using a GeForce 7300. :( 
I know GeForce 9660GSO 384MB is a capable card and I used it more than a year, I also contacted the XFX support but still no resolution.
I could remember I installed a game that had error in display which gave me black display even when I restarted the PC! and I don't know how did I resolved the problem, but I feel like this crap game has changed my card BIOS (may be??) and the card now does not operate fully as before.
And I'm trying to get advice how to flash the card BIOS to the default, may be this helps?! :??: 
Any advice from you will be much appreciated, and it is an experience to all of us. :sol: 
Regards,
April 9, 2010 1:43:04 PM

Oh my GOD, your are fantastic, cheeeeeeeers!!!
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 9, 2010 3:15:06 PM

Any time dude, that's why we are here.
April 9, 2010 9:39:03 PM

At last, I got my mobo and I'm installing the babies :) 
The only silly thing that I'm stuck with is the front audio (Mic & Headphone jacks), I'm trying to pin there wires into the mobo connector but there is a confusion:
ASUS manual says this connector is for HD audio and AC' 97 simultaneously.
1) I don't know whether I connect as HD or as AC'97?
2) When I look at the detailed pins they don't match! The pins for Headphone named differently than the connector if AC-97 and also for HD.

Any help would be appreciated.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 9, 2010 10:11:13 PM

Ok.

I go for the University right now, but in five or 6 hours when I arrive to my home can help you again. Just let me read the manual and I help you again.
April 11, 2010 10:32:00 AM

Hello friends,
I just finished installation of everything in my new PC, thanx to ur advice and support.
But still I'm confused about some things I would like to ask about.
My HDD is WD 640GB SATA III (6Gb/s) with 64MB cache and my Mobo supports SATA 3 as well, now I wonder how to get the maximum out of my HDD speed of data transmission. How do I make sure that it is working at its maximum power?
Windows 7 rated my HDD as 5.9 which I'm not happy with it since the HDD I think is very good, but may be I missed something to tweak in the system. I read something about RAID in the Mobo manual but I'm not sure if this will change things to better or not and how to use or set these RAIDs???
I'm sure that I connected the HDD right to the SATA 3.0 port on the Mobo using the SATA 3.0 cable.
I'm grateful to any assistance from u guys,,,
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 11, 2010 11:34:20 PM

Hi again.

For use your HD in SATA III mode, you need connect this to one of the 2 gray SATA ports, those are for 6Gb/s.

Also you need use one of both cables labeled as 6Gb/s that comes with your mobo, the other two only can run at 3Gb/s.

RAID: See here. Except for RAID 0 (with 2 HD or more) and RAID 5 (with 3 HD) you won't see any increase performance.

Don't use the WEI as base to know the performance of your rig of HD, isn't good. If you want know the real performance of your HD you can use HDTune, that is a special program to test the HD performance.
April 14, 2010 10:07:27 PM

Hello,
Is it possible to use USB memory sticks or any other USB device connected to USB 3.0 port at the Mobo?
Is it safe? Will it show improvement than USB 2.0 port?
April 14, 2010 10:10:54 PM

Hi again,
In Mobos that support 2 PCI-e slots, is it possible to use nvidia card on one slot and ati card on the other slot but not connect them?!
I know this sounds crazy but has any one tried it before?
You may ask WHY, I would answer in case I want to watch nvidia tech demos or ati tech demo without the need to change cards every time. WICKED!
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 14, 2010 11:06:29 PM

Quote:
Hello,
Is it possible to use USB memory sticks or any other USB device connected to USB 3.0 port at the Mobo?
Is it safe? Will it show improvement than USB 2.0 port?

Yeah, it's possible but that device only will run like USB 2.0 because the device also must support USB 3.0

Quote:
Hi again,
In Mobos that support 2 PCI-e slots, is it possible to use nvidia card on one slot and ati card on the other slot but not connect them?!
I know this sounds crazy but has any one tried it before?
You may ask WHY, I would answer in case I want to watch nvidia tech demos or ati tech demo without the need to change cards every time. WICKED!

Yeah you can install both GPUs at the same time, maybe the GPUs only run at x8 (that depends of the mobo), but even that, you won't see any performance problem.
April 17, 2010 12:15:30 AM

My HDD reads 640GB in the BIOS, while in windows it is only 594GB!!!
Where is the other 45GB gone?!
And is there any way to optimize the size...
Thanx
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
April 17, 2010 4:24:32 PM

Since the early 2000s most of consumer hard drive capacities are grouped in certain size classes measured in gigabytes. The exact capacity of a given drive is usually some number above or below the class designation. Although most manufacturers of hard disk drives and flash-memory disk devices define 1 gigabyte as 1000000000bytes, software like Microsoft Windows calculates size in gigabytes by dividing the total capacity in bytes by 1073741824, while still reporting the result with the symbol "GB". This practice is a cause of confusion, as a hard disk with a manufacturer-rated capacity of 400 gigabytes might be reported by the operating system as only "372 GB", for instance. Other software, like Mac OS X 10.6[2] and some components of the Linux kernel[3] measure using the decimal units.

If you want read all the article, go here
April 28, 2010 10:38:42 AM

Hello guys,
I wonder if u can help me this time as well:
Since I installed WinXP SP3 on my new PC I had no prob and the launch was fast, but now oddly when windows start, a welcome screen appears with my name on it as a user and I had to click on it to get to windows while I did not do any user account and I did not had this screen before! The thing is that the loading of the icons & personal settings is slow and I want this to be removed if possible.
Any ideas please.
Thanks a lot
!