Sign in with
Your question

Spilled Coke...HELP

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Notebooks
Last response: in CPUs
December 30, 2009 3:38:42 AM

Hi, I have a dell e1505 notebook and I spilled coke on it 2 weeks ago and after cleaning inside out the lights turn on for 3 seconds and then turn off. after a lot of research I ordered a motherboard, received it yesterday but nothing has changed. I also noted that the cdrom during the 3 seconds also turns on. what do you think is the problem?

More about : spilled coke

a b à CPUs
December 30, 2009 3:58:38 AM

xigma said:
Hi, I have a dell e1505 notebook and I spilled coke on it 2 weeks ago and after cleaning inside out the lights turn on for 3 seconds and then turn off. after a lot of research I ordered a motherboard, received it yesterday but nothing has changed. I also noted that the cdrom during the 3 seconds also turns on. what do you think is the problem?

The problem could be one of many things. I would recommend you contact Dell and see if they care repair it for you. They will have it looked over by technicians who will replace the parts necessary.

Laptops are quite difficult to diagnose.
m
l
December 30, 2009 4:06:49 AM

Your motherboard most likely short-circuited. Hate to tell you this m8 but... nothing you can really do at this point.

contacting Dell...? Good luck with that one
*rolls eyes*
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 30, 2009 4:12:30 AM

liquid on a laptop = BAD

Could be hard drive, memory, cdrom, etc...

Agree with elmo, contact Dell.
m
l
December 30, 2009 5:00:50 AM

I already tried another motherboard and it didn't work. The notebook is 3 years old and I don't think that sending it to dell is worth it. I'm suspecting the cpu is not working. What do you think?
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 30, 2009 3:33:02 PM

Xigma,

This is a very bad thing - everything is gummed up and would need to be replaced. The only thing you could try is to fully disassemble it and wash that junk off of it. You may laugh but a friend did exactly that and it came back. You MUST make sure it dries fully before reassembling it.

Does Dell India even know what a coke is?

Never, ever put a coke in the built in cupholder next time...
m
l
December 30, 2009 5:01:10 PM

I did the washing but with no success. Is there a way to test or know if the cpu is the problem?
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 30, 2009 5:19:26 PM

Dell isn't that bad for support...

I hope you got 1 year accidental damage warranty.
m
l
December 30, 2009 10:43:58 PM

the warranty ended long time ago. Any suggestions, please?
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 31, 2009 12:19:33 AM

xigma said:
the warranty ended long time ago. Any suggestions, please?

Buy a new laptop.
m
l
December 31, 2009 2:43:16 AM

Took awhile, but finally got to the answer.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 31, 2009 2:45:56 AM

BadTrip said:
Buy a new laptop.

+1
m
l
!