xigma

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Hi, I have a dell e1505 notebook and I spilled coke on it 2 weeks ago and after cleaning inside out the lights turn on for 3 seconds and then turn off. after a lot of research I ordered a motherboard, received it yesterday but nothing has changed. I also noted that the cdrom during the 3 seconds also turns on. what do you think is the problem?

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

The problem could be one of many things. I would recommend you contact Dell and see if they care repair it for you. They will have it looked over by technicians who will replace the parts necessary.

Laptops are quite difficult to diagnose.

xigma

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I already tried another motherboard and it didn't work. The notebook is 3 years old and I don't think that sending it to dell is worth it. I'm suspecting the cpu is not working. What do you think?

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Xigma,

This is a very bad thing - everything is gummed up and would need to be replaced. The only thing you could try is to fully disassemble it and wash that junk off of it. You may laugh but a friend did exactly that and it came back. You MUST make sure it dries fully before reassembling it.

Does Dell India even know what a coke is?

Never, ever put a coke in the built in cupholder next time...