? Scripted device maintenance

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi,

Using the Device Manager it is possible to enable or disable devices.
This is fine, but what I want is a way to enable/disable a device using a
script (batch file). How can this be done?

Thanks.

--
Alec S.
alec <@> synetech <.> cjb <.> net

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311272

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"Alec S." <a@a.com> wrote in message news:upNrmMxhEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Using the Device Manager it is possible to enable or disable devices.
> This is fine, but what I want is a way to enable/disable a device using a
> script (batch file). How can this be done?
>

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Alec S.
> alec <@> synetech <.> cjb <.> net

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Well that was a quick and exact to my request, thanks. Now I wish I had
asked for $1,000,000 instead. :)

--
Alec S.
alec <@> synetech <.> cjb <.> net

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311272

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"Alec S." <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Using the Device Manager it is possible to enable or disable devices.
> This is fine, but what I want is a way to enable/disable a device using a
> script (batch file). How can this be done?
>

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Alec S.
> alec <@> synetech <.> cjb <.> net

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Try.

The people that get things in this world are those that ask others for things. As this small fact fits no ideology it tends to be ignored. However at this point in time my total worth is $0.05 so I suggest you don't ask me, or at least wait for payday.