Help needed

G

i wanted to repair my windows xp but i switched off my pc just at the start of a new install. how ca i revert to my old windows? i desperately need help

i wanted to repair my windows xp but i switched off my pc just at the start of a new install. how ca i revert to my old windows? i desperately need help
What is currently happening when you turn on the system - Does it want to continue a setup of the repair function ? Do you have the CD as the 1st boot device instead of the HD ? Can you boot into safe mode ?

G

yes it wants to continue the setup. and yes the CD is the 1st boot device. i was able to get into safe mode and tried using system restore but whenever the system restarts, i get the BSOD

yes it wants to continue the setup. and yes the CD is the 1st boot device. i was able to get into safe mode and tried using system restore but whenever the system restarts, i get the BSOD
Get back into Safe Mode, then follow these instructions to edit the boot.ini file.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2183167_edit-bootini-file-windows-xp.html

Note: You will probably have to delete a "setup" entry, and just be left with the single entry to boot the OS, as given in the example.Before changing anything, save the file with a different name so you have a backup in case you make a mistake.