KDS Valiant power supply flashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got a KDS Valiant 6380iPTD laptop that won't power on. I suspect
a problem with the ILAN model F1960I AC adapter. The adapter green
power indicator light is solid green until the laptop is plugged into
it, then it flashes about 5x per second and makes a soft clicking
noise that sounds strangely like a wrist watch. Problem is same with
or without the laptop battery installed.

Is it worth investing the $$ in a new AC adapter to see if that's the
problem? Any comments on my diagnosis?

wesley

Sorry to say your problem is with the motherboard. Not the AC Adapter.
We repair tons of KDS laptops. Check out our site.

www.portablecomputer.com