Processorcooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3
Motherboard : Asus M4A78-EM
Memory : Kingston ValueRAM KVR800D2N5K2/4G
Harde Disk : Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB
Videocard : Asus EAH5770/2DIS/1GD5/A
Monitor : LG W2343T
Power supply : Corsair CX400W
Optical drive : Samsung SH-S223B

All the components obviously has to fit in and it should vent properly off course. Also, i will have the computer in a tight spot so the case should not have a door you need to open to power the pc on, because if it will i could not open it in the tight spot. The last thing it need is that it is quite, thats a pretty big deal also.

Last question non related to the topic but is it necessary that i ground myself so that the components i touch will be damaged by shock, because i am building the computer myself and i am a total beginner haha so i hope it is not to hard.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Kind regards, Fred

I like my black atx htpc case; I found it used on craigslist for $30; added a 400w ocz power supply for $35 new, and it's super quiet. Newegg has some apevia htpc cases for $49.99 after rebate. For regular cases, the antec 300 or 900 series are pretty good.

It would help if you could post a little more information.

What are you going to use the pc for? Home theater pc or gaming rig?
What is the approximate measurement of the "tight spot"?

Here is a link to a very good web site with a lot of useful information about quiet pc's:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/

It pays to have a good look around that site.

fred-87

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

Alright thanks, but do the cases you named work with the components i want to put in it? I mean i read that some cases are to small for certain cases or that it just wont fit in or something like that, also i am not from the US but i will try to find if those cases are available in Europe.

fred-87

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

Hello, yes while researching myself i came across that website.
I am going for a gaming rig but my main thing is that i want to use it for 3d modeling. That tight spot is not that there cant be a large case in but the issue is more that when you have to open a door to get to the power button that door could not be opened because there is a table leg in the way, so the case itself his width is not the problem, its just that the power button has to be at the front without opening any doors :) . I don't know what more information i can give? The main problem is that i am not sure if i can just pick any case i like and all my components will fit in all the time or do i have to be careful. Thanks for helping me

TRENDING THREADS