Windows 7 can't detect SSD on first boot?

bolaber

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
I just put my computer together with the following SSD and motherboard:

ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G1 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - OEM

It detects my SSD in my bios with Raid 1 but when I boot up into windows 7 installation CD (I got it from the college bookstore) it would only show my other two harddrives but not my SSD! Do I need to do something in bios first? Or are there specific slots I need to plug my SSD in? Please help!

EDIT: I tried plugging the SATA into SATA_E1 (Orange, Port 0) but it doesnt seem to help. It shows up the harddrive as an avaiable option to install the OSD (Disk 0, 1, 2) but when i choose it to have my OS to be installed on, it says "Windows is unable to install to the selected locatoin. Error: 0x8007000d)

bolaber

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
Ok it works now.. Somewhat.. When I choose it for installation it says "windows could not assign a drive letter to a partition on disk 0. The specfified disk does not exist. The error occurrs while prepareing the partition for installation. Error code: 0x80300025"

whirlednews

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Alright I am getting the same error code as bolaber.

I just installed my Intel X-25 M SSD and the BIOS is detecting it, but I have not partitioned or formatted it. When Windows Vista 64 OEM asks me to pick a drive to install on, the SSD shows up but it does not say primary drive next to it. When I select the drive and press next, Windows gives me the error.

I have another copy of vista 64 installed on a different HDD, I don't know if that matters or not...

Thanks