Sign in with
Your question

My Windows Resetted EVERYTHING.. HELP!!!

Last response: in Windows XP
March 30, 2012 2:54:10 AM

I turn on my windows on my Dell and EVERYTHING is resetted. the background is default. the desktop icons are default (all the old ones are missing), the my docs folder, pics, etc.. all default. i even checked the system restore and it is default too! it wasnt even turned on!!!!!! i scanned fro viruses and there are none.

i also noticed that all the old files are in a seperate folder under my name. i checked user accounts and i am still under the same name. WHAT GIVES!?!!?!? can anybody help me? this is messed up. the only way i can access all my files is by manually use windows explorer every time... :( 

we did buy norton anti virus for a year. could that be the issue?

More about : windows resetted

March 30, 2012 8:16:33 AM

I could be that for some reason its log in as another user maybe Admin account. Thats why all the settings are back to default. How many users accounts do you see other than your account?Does your system auto log you in? If so go to start logout then make sure your user account is selected. Norton should not be the issue. You can always use power tools to link my doc folder, pics,etc...to your old files..
m
l
March 30, 2012 8:25:13 AM

Mu33rto said:
I could be that for some reason its log in as another user maybe Admin account. Thats why all the settings are back to default. How many users accounts do you see other than your account?Does your system auto log you in? If so go to start logout then make sure your user account is selected. Norton should not be the issue. You can always use power tools to link my doc folder, pics,etc...to your old files..

i checked users in control panel. there is only one, me (Admin) and another .net account that isnt used (not possible to log into it, there for some strange reason. dell thing). i think the hard drive is dying cuz i did some research. pc has been extremely slow at boot ups and loads forever. yes, i defrag and scan it all the time.

this message appears every time i boot it up now "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with atemporary profile"
m
l
Related resources
!