I currently have F3-16000CL9-2GBTD G.Skill Ram (6 GB, 3 sticks).
They have XMP.
I have a few questions regarding RAM and overclocking and its effect on gaming.
1. Does overclocking RAM yield better FPS in games or make it less spikey/more stable?
2. Does OC ram too much cause instability/spikes?
3. I noticed in my bios, if its at default settings, the allowed memory frequency is about 1000 or something.
- If i decide to change the BLCK => which will in turn increase the memory above its default, will this be bad?
- How is overclocking as mentioned above, different from activating XMP (extremem memory profile??) which sets the allowed frequency up to 2000 instead of the 1000?
4. I dont really want to touch voltage because my ambient temperatures can suck so i dont want to cause extra heat.
5. Should i stick with default frequencies pf the 1000 (close to that), or overclock it by upping BLCK or activating XMP?