NeilV

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hi has anybody on here bought this item from ebuyer;

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150291

I'd like to get an idea of the volume of air moved by the 120mm front fan? It's quite loud and I need more airflow in my case as I noticed a 5C drop in CPU temp with the side off. obviously I don't want to replace the existing fan with one that is worse ;) . So I was hoping someone who had this case might know what fan is in it (I've lost the instructions which came with the case and can't easily get my head inside to see :( :(

OR can someone tell me of a reasonably priced 120mm fan which is quite quiet and will defo move more air than I already am.

Cheers in advance :D

Neil V

NeilV

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006

Hi Richard_Nixon

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I didn't buy the case from Newegg & most of the ones on there look a bit more elaborate than mine. When I bought it I didn't have any problems with heat dissipation or noise but since I'm ramping up my CPU & GPU performance, I'd like to replace the existing fan (which I imagine was quite cheap) with a quieter, better one! but the way my luck is going I'd probably find it was worse unless I make sure :(

Anybody know of any way to measure airflow with out expensive equipment or some software to measure noise via a microphone (although how you would calibrate it heaven knows!!)??

For the most part, all 120mm fans spinning at the same speed will give you the same airflow and you dont need a lot of airflow through a single fan to get good temps, multiple fans spinning slower can give you better results.

What you really want to find is a fan thats fairly quiet, it will have decent airflow.

Thats £9.26 once you add on the four quid postage, plus its o_O.s, :(
Send me a P.m. Neil, I have some 120's from an In win Dragon rider that shift about 62cfm, beg pardon, this review says they move 73.7 at 38Db, http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/6815-win-b2-stealth-bomber-mid-tower-case-review-5.html
but I will happily send you one for a couple of quid each (3-4?) if your stuck for a fan, I have three if you need
*Edit, 3pin connector, although I can also supply an adaptor to use molex if required*
Moto

NeilV

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006

Hi Motopsychojdn
Thank you for your offer, as I'm not sure of the actual noise level of my existing fan, I'm reluctant to go for anything that may be louder. I'm absolutely sure they would move more air than what I have (there can't be much out there that those CeraDyna fans don't outperform but there is a good chance that 32 Dba is higher than what I already have! :(

Thanks again for your interest :D

Neil

NeilV

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortuantly most of my gaming is done on a weekend morning before the mrs gets up so the quieter it is the more chance I have of a succesful gaming session! Just want to point out she's not an "Old Dear" but I don't want to get on the wrong side of her. :D :D

Yeah, My other half is the reason I dont have eighteen fans in my Rig anymore lol,
me coming in from a nightshift and starting a hurricane up wasn't her idea of fun
and no, none of us want to get on the wrong side of them, ever :p
EVER!
Moto