New system built... but won't start...

bullgoalie27

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
I just built a new pc. Unfortunately, it will not boot. I noticed that the the nvidia gtx275 fan was not working. However, the card is not defective, since it worked in another computer. All of the other fans including the processor functions. any ideas?

bullgoalie27

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Yeah power supply is hooked up. every other fan is spinning. I'm not sure if maybe the six prong power plugs are not working... the processor and motherboard seem to be fine as well.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
are you getting anything on your monitor?

we need more info, but it sounds to me like the video card is either broken, or not getting any power. both would allow the PC to start, but obviously youd get no input.

try hooking directly to the MOBO VGA card, and see if it passes. if you can boot, you know its the video card.

bullgoalie27

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
I5 quad core
asus p7p555d motherboard
nvidia gtx275
ultra lsp 750 power supply
patriot viper 4GB ddr3
750 GB hard drive seagate barracuda

I'm not getting anything on my monitor. The video card worked fine in another computer. Everything seems to be getting power except the video card and it is plugged into the power supply. It doesn't look like the motherboard is touching anything either.

bullgoalie27

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
I realized I didn't have my power supply into the motherboard in one of my 8 pins slots which fixed the issue of the video card fan not working... however it still does not post. All of my screws are in the correct spots. I'm going to check and see if my power supply is enough.

TRENDING THREADS