Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel Motherboard issue

Last response: in Motherboards
April 3, 2010 8:45:40 PM

Hi,

I have a Gateway E6300 (with an Intel Motherboard) and it has quit turning on. When I press the power button, the fans and lights come on and does nothing else. The screen is black, fans do not quiet down, etc. I have tried unplugging everything except the front power button/light, P4 connector and power (24 pin connector) from the motherboard, and having just 1 stick of ram, with a ps2 keyboard and monitor hooked up(and power). Same. So I took all the sticks of ram out of the computer to see if the motherboard's speaker would beep to indicate no ram. It didn't. How do I tell if it is the motherboard, or the CPU (a P4 at 3.4ghz, socket 775) that is bad?? I think it may be the mb but I really don't have a clue.

Thanks,

Alex Dillon

Best solution

a c 156 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
April 4, 2010 4:21:17 PM

More than likely, the problem is the PSU, or possibly the motherboard. It probably is not the CPU.

Our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...
April 4, 2010 5:54:00 PM

Thanks for your reply. I tried another psu and it still did not work. It was 300w and the original was also 300w. I agree the motherboard is most likely the issue. Any clue why it died?

Thanks,
Alex
m
l
April 11, 2010 12:41:42 AM

Best answer selected by pcnut97.
m
l
!