Sign in with
Your question
Closed

OC'ing 6870 CF

Last response: in Overclocking
January 28, 2012 5:41:33 PM

My rig is running i5 2500k, 16gb corsair vengence 1600mhz, 6870's in cf, msi p67a gd 65. I am thinking of oc'ing my graphics card. i usually play my games in windows mode because when ever i play in full screen if I click on my other monitor I have to deal with loading and such when playing swtor. I understand in windows I am only using one card. If i disable cf on ccc can i over clock just the one card with no issues? if so what programs are good to use. i havent really heard of anyone using ccc to overclock. mainly after burner and a few others.
Thanks for the helpe ahead of time.

More about : ing 6870

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 28, 2012 6:39:24 PM

the reason not many ppl use CCC to overclock is coz its limited, and even when i used afterburner it was limited, so what gives XD

but honestly disabling 1 of em to overclock the other is a waste... just overclock both of em if your gonna overclock :p 
Score
January 29, 2012 1:25:23 AM

if I overclock using ccc do I have to tab to both or can I just do one? I read in an mpc mag that is one is faster the other will try to overcompensate and clock itself faster and run at the higher speed
Score
Related resources
January 29, 2012 2:46:08 AM

as nna2 already stated if your going to oc then might as well oc both....and yes use the pull down tab to set both cards individually
you want your cards to be balanced in a xfire configuration
ccc is fine to use for oc'ing it is just limited but unless you want to go for heavy oc's it works just fine
make sure to turn your power control to 20% in ccc also for stable oc :) 
Score
January 29, 2012 5:26:07 AM

How limited is ccc? are they oc'ing the cards beyond the amounts present in ccc?
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 29, 2012 6:24:18 PM

CCC is quite limited, what do you mean by beyond the amounts present in CCC...

i know ATI tool is a good unlimited overclock, but dosent work with pretty much any recent CCC revision
Score
January 29, 2012 6:56:52 PM

in ccc overdrive, i can only take my gpu clock up to 1000mhz and the memory up to 1250mhz. i saw that there is an amd gpu clock tool. it gives you unlimited clocking numbers as you choose what rates to set it at
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 30, 2012 4:10:50 AM

Why have the CF setup if your not using your second card while playing games? I am also running 6870's in CF and used CCC to OC my cards, however the two cards perform outstanding without putting an extreme OC on them. I set both cards to 940MHz on the core and 1200Mhz on the memory, I don't think you need anymore than that,the CF setup is a beast at stock settings.

Also if you only overclock one card your system will default the to lower cards settings to maintain balance, so if you don't OC both you can't benefit from the OC anyway.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 31, 2012 9:48:32 PM

ATi tool, and ATi tray tools where the 2 i used with my ATI Radeon 9550
Score
February 4, 2012 11:29:22 PM

Best answer selected by ryfry.
Score
February 4, 2012 11:29:48 PM

rage33 said:
Why have the CF setup if your not using your second card while playing games? I am also running 6870's in CF and used CCC to OC my cards, however the two cards perform outstanding without putting an extreme OC on them. I set both cards to 940MHz on the core and 1200Mhz on the memory, I don't think you need anymore than that,the CF setup is a beast at stock settings.

Also if you only overclock one card your system will default the to lower cards settings to maintain balance, so if you don't OC both you can't benefit from the OC anyway.

are you getting those clocks at stock voltages
Score
!