Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus P7P55D-E PRO vs Gigabyte P55A-UD4P

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 4, 2010 12:13:21 AM

Which of these two mobos would you recommend? They have the same features, the same price. But some people say that Asus has a better USB-SATA 3.0 support. Is that true? And is this an advantage for me, if I'm only using one GPU? I wanted to buy Gigabyte - just trust them more than Asus. However, I've heard some really good responses about P7P55D-E PRO. What do you think?
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 4, 2010 12:22:15 AM

Well, with the P55A-UD4P, when you turn on/use SATA III/USB 3.0, the second PCI-e lane is disabled, and the first 16x slot only runs at 8x. With the P7P55D-E Pro, I believe this effect is negated.
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 4, 2010 12:34:45 AM

My vote goes for ASUS (In my opinion, the best mobo brand). The P7P55D-E PRO is an impressive mobo which allows an insane overclocking.
Besides, the Gigabyte one has this issue: Utilizing the full bandwidth of SATA III (Turbo) our PCI-E video card expansion ports will be reduced from a 16x X 1 (x8 X 2 for mutli GPU configurations) to an single x8 PCI-E lane rendering the second PCI-E utterly useless, because the SATA III controller is borrowing the extra 8 PCI-E lanes.
Related resources
April 4, 2010 1:19:51 AM

Lmeow said:
Well, with the P55A-UD4P, when you turn on/use SATA III/USB 3.0, the second PCI-e lane is disabled, and the first 16x slot only runs at 8x. With the P7P55D-E Pro, I believe this effect is negated.


So, you are saying that if I use USB/Sata 3, I cannot use two GPUs and even one will work two times slower?
April 4, 2010 12:28:47 PM

serous-2010 said:
So, you are saying that if I use USB/Sata 3, I cannot use two GPUs and even one will work two times slower?



With the new revision i think its ok to use usb 3 with two gpus... its sata 3 that takes a hit since the bandwidth is borrowed from the pci lanes... while th e-pro has a plx bridge to overcome this problem and hence you can use both usb3 and sata3 with dual gpu setup..
April 4, 2010 2:04:00 PM

abhishekk89 said:
With the new revision i think its ok to use usb 3 with two gpus... its sata 3 that takes a hit since the bandwidth is borrowed from the pci lanes... while th e-pro has a plx bridge to overcome this problem and hence you can use both usb3 and sata3 with dual gpu setup..


Thank you. I finally understood what this all means
April 6, 2010 2:28:23 PM

good... hope we all helped you make ur choice..
August 23, 2010 2:16:01 AM

abhishekk89 said:
With the new revision i think its ok to use usb 3 with two gpus... its sata 3 that takes a hit since the bandwidth is borrowed from the pci lanes... while th e-pro has a plx bridge to overcome this problem and hence you can use both usb3 and sata3 with dual gpu setup..


so should the e pro work fine with the sata 6 and usb3 with out any modifications or decrease in proformence? I'm deciding between the p7p55d deluxe, e pro, and Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer LGA 1156 P55 ATX Motherboard. What would be best for an i5 build?
!