Your question

Computer not starting up properly.

Tags:
  • Computer
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 4, 2010 1:13:05 PM

Hello,
I have an Abit IP35 PRO,with an Intel Q6600 CPU which I've being using for two years without any problems until this week.

Now when i turn on the computer, it starts up for less than a second and shuts down, it starts up again after a few seconds shuts down again. I've cleared the CMOS memory, changed the power supply and the computer still won't boot up. The POST code LED display on the reads 9.9. Is there any solution to this problem?

More about : computer starting properly

a c 435 V Motherboard
April 4, 2010 1:32:16 PM

One other method to try is removing the motherboard battery for about one minute to reset the bios. If it still won't post, then the board is the most likely item to replace. Cpus rarely fail unless you've been running extra voltage or the heatsink broke off. I recommend an msi p45 replacement board if you can find one for under $100. I like the built in memory ratios that make overclocking easier.
April 4, 2010 2:55:47 PM

o1die said:
One other method to try is removing the motherboard battery for about one minute to reset the bios. If it still won't post, then the board is the most likely item to replace. Cpus rarely fail unless you've been running extra voltage or the heatsink broke off. I recommend an msi p45 replacement board if you can find one for under $100. I like the built in memory ratios that make overclocking easier.

Thanks for your reply o1die. I've tried replacing the battery, now the fan won't start up at all. The display on the motherboard LED now reads 0.1 which means "Expand the Xgroup codes locating in physical address 1000:0" if that means anything to you or anyone reading this.

I suspect the motherboard is faulty. I'm considering upgrading the CPU to an Intel Core i7 series as well as replacing the motherboard.
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
April 4, 2010 3:35:18 PM

I would sell the q6600 on anandtech's for sale forum for around $120. Fry's has the i3 540 with board for $99 after rebate, but they may be sold out. They have the 860 with board for $259 in today's ad (for tomorrow, closed easter). They also have adata ddr3 for $99.99.
April 4, 2010 3:47:28 PM

o1die said:
I would sell the q6600 on anandtech's for sale forum for around $120. Fry's has the i3 540 with board for $99 after rebate, but they may be sold out. They have the 860 with board for $259 in today's ad (for tomorrow, closed easter). They also have adata ddr3 for $99.99.

Thanks for the advice though, I'm based in the U.K. so I will be looking at U.K based suppliers.
May 24, 2010 1:47:11 AM

i think it do not relate to BIOS because you already reset it. I think because your processor is heat up till 100C then it shut it down. this happen to me when i do not set up any cooler to the processor,hence please look up to your cooler, clean it up. just my assumption.
!