Overclocking E6400. Whats wrong?

So, im a newbie yet @ overclocking and I wanna know what am I doing wrong? I wanna play LA NOIRE but my pc goes at like 10 fps and gets random lag spikes.

Im using:
E6400 Core 2 duo from 2.13Ghz( 266x8 ) TO 2.66Ghz ( 333x8 ). Voltages at auto. Idle temps ~33 and at full load ~50
2x1GB 667mhz Ram and 2x4 667mhz Ram = 6HB of 667mhz RAM of the same manufacturer. The only thing I've done to Ram is set the multiplayer to 2 so that my FSB:DRAM is 1:1
Im also usuing 9800GT 512MB overclocked ~10%
1 answer Last reply
More about overclocking e6400 whats wrong
  1. Hey there,

Dont set the voltages to auto because they run (way) higher then need to be, I'm new to OC aswell so find a good guide for E6400 and base your votages on that.
    But the problem here in my opinion is that your system is just to old for LA NOIRE. Even on a new system this game is a real ball breaker and runs at 30fps on a i5 quad core and a 560GTX.
    I think for being able to play this game your going to have to atleast upgrade to a GPU with 1gig ram. I know back in the day you could flash your 9600 ATI GPU to A 9800PRO but I don't know anything about flashing or OC GPU's today.

Goodluck hope you can play it somehow it's a great game.

PS: You can also consider buying a console if you want to save money and post pone your upgrade.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking RAM