Problem hooking up LCD TV to my Desktop please help

BlakeCaptn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I am trying to hook up my 52" Sony Bravia LCD TV to my Desktop computer and it is saying no signal. I am using the DVI cable to do so. The computers desktop will show up on the LCD screen for about 3 seconds then just goes black and says "no signal" at the bottom of the screen. Does anybody know a solution? I've tried hooking up he LCD to a normal desktop and it works fine but when i plug it in to the TV it doesnt work at all. I've also tried putting it on several different screen resolutions but nothing seems to work. Any help would be great, Thanks.

leon2006

Distinguished
What is your machine specs? What is your video card? Is it capable of HDMI connection? That is the preferred interface.

Check your video card control program (i.e. CCC for ATI, Nvidia) to make sure it recognize your TV.

If you have dual DVI output connect the TV to the other DVI. Set your display to enable extended Windows desktop. That will enable you to debug. The control software of your video card should indicate Sony Bravia on the second DVI port.