Sign in with
Your question

32 GB ssd for 2 OS?

Last response: in Storage
August 25, 2011 4:14:22 PM

hey yall...i just got my new awesome gaming pc but the startup is really slow...plus i installed win 7 and its kind of giving me problems...i hav a 1 tb samsumg hdd which is a 7200 rpm hdd...i wanted to buy an ssd by transcend but its too expensive...at first i wanted to get a 64 gb one which i cud partition into 2 32gb local disk and make 1 for xp and the other one for 7...but as the price for 64 gb is same as 2 tb hdd... i thought i shud get something cheaper and thought if i cud get 32gb one for these two OS...i dunno if its a good idea so i need help :) 
thnx yall

More about : ssd

August 25, 2011 4:21:10 PM

Why not just run xp virtually in Win 7? Its free and supported by Microsoft, and that way you would have more space on an ssd. ocz makes 60GB ssds that use SATA III for $99.
August 25, 2011 4:44:54 PM

i dont really have ssd very much available around my place so i think i only hav the access to transcend ssds....but if i find ocz ill definitely grab em..i have vm ware...i aslo have xp...if i run it as a virtual machine wud it be the same thing? as in i can run the pc as i wud just starting up xp? hope i cud actually say what i mean...
Related resources
August 25, 2011 5:20:33 PM

I suggest you buy one off of newegg.com, thats where I found the OCZ for $99, plus many more brands and sizes. Running xp virtually is pretty much the same thing as having xp installed, except you dont have to use any boot loaders or multiple partitions.

This is where you can get more info on Virtual PC:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.as...
August 25, 2011 11:52:35 PM

like i said ..i dont hav newegg....i dont live in us....
August 25, 2011 11:53:08 PM

thnx for the virtual thingy help tho! will try tht!
August 26, 2011 12:17:37 AM

I think Win 7 recommends 40 gb minimum for drive. Is there any particular reason you need to run XP still? Also the downside to Virtual PC is its going to be sharing your memory at the same time as Win 7 If you have more then 4 gb it shouldn't be an issue though.
a b G Storage
August 26, 2011 12:42:03 AM

ferboturbo said:
like i said ..i dont hav newegg....i dont live in us....

Just tell us the country and there's probably a member here who knows where to get them in your country.
August 26, 2011 8:06:49 AM

i live in bangladesh...the last tym i asked for help he helped me...i forgot who he was...
!