Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Vertical refresh lines ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2009 2:26:24 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a Asus ENGTX275 on my system, brand new. I installed the drivers from the official NVIDIA website, not the ones coming with the video card.

When I play some games (not all of them), and mostly during cinematic cutscenes, I regularly see vertical lines going from the bottom of the screen all the way up, as if it was refreshing or something. This is very frustrating. The card seems to work nicely in other situations. For example, I do get the lines in Crysis cinematics, Resident Evil 5 cinematics. However, in Batman: Arkham Asylum, I dont see any of these.

3d render is nice, no performance issues.

Any idea of what's going on ?

I will try downgrading to the drivers that came with the card. Keep you guys updated...

EDIT:

Here is my w system configuration

MSI P55-CD53 motherboard
Core i5 OC'ed to 3.3ghz
4GB Kingston ram
WD 750gb Black
Hitachi Desktar 500 gb
Corsair 550w PSU

More about : vertical refresh lines

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
October 26, 2009 2:33:38 AM

turn on v-sync, i had a similar issue with crysis but v-sync fixed it. Some games are more susceptible to tearing than others, so while you wont need v-sync on for most it will fix those strange lines.
October 26, 2009 2:50:50 AM

hunter315 said:
turn on v-sync, i had a similar issue with crysis but v-sync fixed it. Some games are more susceptible to tearing than others, so while you wont need v-sync on for most it will fix those strange lines.

Will try that and keep you updated. Thanks for your quick answer.
October 26, 2009 3:07:16 AM

That seems to have done it. Thanks :) 
!