Garages

I've learned that if a house has a garage & I buy a car & just place it
into the driveway, the Sims won't drive it into the garage themselves.
They just keep driving into the driveway & getting out. So I have to
move the car myself into the garage. LOL I guess I think my Sims are
smarter than they are. heehee

deene
6 answers Last reply
More about garages

    deene wrote:
    > I've learned that if a house has a garage & I buy a car & just place it
    > into the driveway, the Sims won't drive it into the garage themselves.
    > They just keep driving into the driveway & getting out. So I have to
    > move the car myself into the garage. LOL I guess I think my Sims are
    > smarter than they are. heehee

    Wait till they have a car stolen. Then they'll start parking it in the
    garage!

    --
    --Cuth

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:52:20 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >I've learned that if a house has a garage & I buy a car & just place it
    >into the driveway, the Sims won't drive it into the garage themselves.
    >They just keep driving into the driveway & getting out. So I have to
    >move the car myself into the garage. LOL I guess I think my Sims are
    >smarter than they are. heehee

    LOL... I sort of noticed the same thing yesterday. That is, that you
    can place cars in the driveway, in front of the garage, while having
    one in the garage as well. So if one sim works longer, he gets the car
    on the outside, and the other sim who goes to work after him, and
    arrives before him, takes the one inside. Or if you have a
    stay-at-home sim, they can use the one inside the garage to take the
    kids to school, go downtown, shopping etc.
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I kept clicking on
    the garage waiting for the "Garage the Car" option or something like
    that.....and nothing!

    Also, am I the only one who can't put a door for my Sims in any side wall of
    a free-standing garage? I can place windows, but not doors. I wanted my
    Sim to park the car, put down the garage door and then go through the side
    door across the breezeway to the house. But it doesn't happen, as I can't
    put a door in the wall. :( Haven't tried with a garage attached to the
    house yet, will see if that changes things.

    Julie

    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:52:20 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've learned that if a house has a garage & I buy a car & just place it
    >>into the driveway, the Sims won't drive it into the garage themselves.
    >>They just keep driving into the driveway & getting out. So I have to
    >>move the car myself into the garage. LOL I guess I think my Sims are
    >>smarter than they are. heehee
    >
    > LOL... I sort of noticed the same thing yesterday. That is, that you
    > can place cars in the driveway, in front of the garage, while having
    > one in the garage as well. So if one sim works longer, he gets the car
    > on the outside, and the other sim who goes to work after him, and
    > arrives before him, takes the one inside. Or if you have a
    > stay-at-home sim, they can use the one inside the garage to take the
    > kids to school, go downtown, shopping etc.
    > --
    >

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:44:26 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Wait till they have a car stolen. Then they'll start parking it in the
    >garage!

    Hehe, I've already had a thief, twice, luckily both cars had alarms!
    --

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:14:57 GMT, "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >Also, am I the only one who can't put a door for my Sims in any side wall of
    >a free-standing garage? I can place windows, but not doors. I wanted my
    >Sim to park the car, put down the garage door and then go through the side
    >door across the breezeway to the house. But it doesn't happen, as I can't
    >put a door in the wall. :( Haven't tried with a garage attached to the
    >house yet, will see if that changes things.

    You have to build the garage at least one tile larger than the
    driveway slab, otherwise they can't access it. Theres a corresponding
    floortile for each slab. Hope that helps.
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"
    -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    Aha! I'll try that!

    Julie

    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:14:57 GMT, "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Also, am I the only one who can't put a door for my Sims in any side wall
    >>of
    >>a free-standing garage? I can place windows, but not doors. I wanted my
    >>Sim to park the car, put down the garage door and then go through the side
    >>door across the breezeway to the house. But it doesn't happen, as I can't
    >>put a door in the wall. :( Haven't tried with a garage attached to the
    >>house yet, will see if that changes things.
    >
    > You have to build the garage at least one tile larger than the
    > driveway slab, otherwise they can't access it. Theres a corresponding
    > floortile for each slab. Hope that helps.
    > --
    >

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

Sims Games Video Games