Sign in with
Your question

Using the LCD screen from a fried Laptop as a second monitor?

Last response: in Systems
October 14, 2009 7:50:57 PM

Hey guys, iv got a nice, great looking, but broken HP DV6000 which wont boot up but does light up...anyway i was curiuos if there would be a way to use the nice big LCD monitor as a second monitor.....maybe hook it up to my working laptop an use the HPs screen as a secondary monitor? Thanks for any in cite :-)
October 14, 2009 8:16:05 PM

you gotta be good at wiring and you need a cut vga/hdmi/dvi cable to connect to your laptop or you somehow wire it directly, i wouldn't recommend it, juts do a rma or something
m
l
October 15, 2009 6:39:35 PM

Do you think it would be worth sending the laptop to HP for a diagnosis? The PC wont boot however Im not 100% that its the MOBO or CPU.....i was thinking about just selling it on Ebay, but maybe it would be worth sending it to HP? Any comments?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
October 15, 2009 7:46:39 PM

The HDD may have died. My wife's HP laptop had a number of issues where it just died. The HDD cage was set wrong, the power cord (internal aspects) were shot. And the HDD was dead after a year. I think it was shoddy parts, but whatever. HP fixed it. I think it was just within the 1 year warranty or something, cause I don't think we paid anything to have them look at it and fix it.
m
l
October 25, 2009 1:58:38 PM

Hey guys thanks for replying, so i did call HP and they had offered to fix this laptop for $259 i guess he said usually it would of been 400 but because there was a recall on this PC he would give me a discount, its out of warrenty. So any thoughts as to which option to go with,

1) sell on ebay

2) fix for 259 ( i recived the laptop for free so basicly id be buying the HP DV6000 for 259, and i hear its a really great notebook??

http://www.pcmech.com/article/hp-pavilion-dv6000-notebo...

here is the link, im not all that knowladgable and im the worst at making decisions...so what do the more advanced folks here at toms suggest?

id really rather buy a better CPU and or MOBO to replace my

Intel dual core 2 duo E6300 1.86Ghz
on a DG965WH board.....

i was thinking about just upgrading the CPU to a Dual Quade Core CPU that would fit that MOBO...

Again thanks for any incite suggestions recomendations or straight up thoughts about what you would do if you had a limited budget. Thanks so much for your replies :-)
m
l
!